Red headed step-child?

• Sponsors (?)

I think it may be because there are only two model years, and parts are somewhat limited by comparsion to the 87-93's. You can find just about anything anywhere for the Foxes. Not always so for our cars, especially Cobras. Ane xample would be I ordered a Hi Miler hose kit for my snake, and everything is exactly the same except for the lower radiator hose. I just used a molded replacement since you never really see it anyway. BTW anyone need a Hi Miler lower radiator hose for a 94-95 GT? :rolleyes:

yea I read in some magazine, can't remember which, but they said something about the 94-95s being the red-headed stepchild of the late-model mustangs, and I got very offended. If any should be the red headed stepchild it should be the 96-98s

I personally love 94-95 GT's, Id buy one before Id get a 96-98. I think they are looked down on because the car weighed alot more than the Foxes, but had the same engine. Plus the computers were finicky. When those cars came out, I was praying for a 351, it would have been the perfect response to the LT1 that came out in 93. If those cars came with 351's Id have one instead of my 99 GT.

flaming70vw said:
I have heard that the 94-95 mustangs are the red headed step-child.

I would say they are more like the middle child that gets forgotten about.

It's mainly the aftermarket that shuns us a bit. They have tons of 5.0 parts, but anything that depends on the rest of the car generally needs to be redesigned, so they skip all the work of designing it for a market of 2 production years and skip to 96 it seems (even though 96-98 was only 3...).

I still wouldn't want any other year other than a 70 Mach 1.

oohsoobad2 said:
I personally love 94-95 GT's, Id buy one before Id get a 96-98. I think they are looked down on because the car weighed alot more than the Foxes, but had the same engine. Plus the computers were finicky. When those cars came out, I was praying for a 351, it would have been the perfect response to the LT1 that came out in 93. If those cars came with 351's Id have one instead of my 99 GT.
They did come out with a 351 it's in the 95 Cobra R ;)

1994Vib.RedGT said:
but with the slight differences between the 96-97s and the 98s I have seen some parts specifically for the 1998, and for the 1996-1997s, so I wouldnt think it would be that big a deal for aftermarket
I'ver heard 98 was a bit different ford was getting ready for the 99+. The 98 GT's also came with 225hp instead of the 215 96-97 got and us.