Red Salvation

Lex D

Apr 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So last year, I'm tooling around in a 2005, 2.5L, Nissan Altima. Very practical, good on gas, roomy. Got a great deal on it too so my payments were easy. Driving through an intersection on a sunny July day, some kid in his daddy's 2008 Infinity plows into me while chatting on his cell phone. Long story short, nobody got hurt, but my car was totalled but insurance paid properly. I should be able to get back into a newer practical car with no problem and keep my payments the same.

Except for the fact that the economy now blows and APRs were so high that to get the SAME car at the same price would have increased my car note by 60%. So I say to hell with payments, I'm gonna buy something older, outright, NO PAYMENTS. Advice pours in from all around: "Look for something german," "Hondas last forever" "You want old, get a benz with a Diesel engine." I sigh and harken back to when I was twelve and my dream car was the '74 Chevy Nova SS with no AC that the "guy who all the girls liked" drove. Simple muscle for a simpler time. Unfortunately I grew up with the internet and phones that can launch missles at a time when Detroit spent more money on weekend retreats for CEOs than on a car that people actually wanted to own.

So on a hot sunday I find myself on yet another lot looking at used "practical" cars that left me luke warm. I showed up to check out an Audi S4 that looked promising, only to find that there were wires hanging out of the bottom of it and the computer was blown.

As I slinked back to my lackluster rental car, I saw a red glow out of the corner of my eye. Sitting in the corner was the world's least practical car. A cherry red '95 Mustang GT 5.0... convertible at that. A Stang, the car that held the torch for American Muscle when others had given up. I immediately assumed that there was something wrong with it. But my mechanic buddy and I could not take our eyes off of it. So we popped the hood, started her up, took her for a test drive, and she was a cherry. Not a thing wrong with her... my boyhood dreams had come true. The irony of course, is all things considered, this was actually the smartest... and awesomest decision.

I'm a new owner of an old stang... and I couldn't be happier. StangNet rocks and you guys are gonna help me make my stang all that she can be. Thanks for having me.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a new owner of an old stang... and I couldn't be happier. StangNet rocks and you guys are gonna help me make my stang all that she can be. Thanks for having me.

pandora110