Relocate HVAC?

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck getting an answer... I asked this same question about 4 different times over the past 6 months and nobody has said anything one way or another...

If you figure something out, definitely post up... if not just PM me.. I'd like to do the same thing and, as I'm sure you've notice, that if you mount the radio where it is, the LCD won't open all the way.

Good luck!!

Take it loose and try putting it where the CD player is now. There is some slack in the cables. I have taken mine apart before when I was checking for fitment of a custom gauge panel that I wanted to put in the slot where the HVAC controls were.

I'm trying to do the exact same thing. Have you had any sucess yet? I will look at my controls this weekend. I'm trying to do something a little unconventional though. Here's my plan: Take the controls and put them on top of the dash manufacturing a custom bezel out of fiberglass. Then I plan on putting the stereo in the bottom opening, and using the (now) two openings at the top to mount the LCD. Let me know if you have already made any progress on your installation, or if you'd like me to keep you up to date on mine.

I have actually relocated all of the controls to the top of the dash already. I will be putting up pictures and information once I finish manufacturing a nice looking enclosure/bezel for it all. So now I have PLENTY of space in my stang to fit a 7" lcd and keep the radio.