remember me

68 & 00 GT

May 14, 2003
HOUSTON TEXAS
ah well I haven't been around here in awhile because of frustration with my project. Right at one year ago I took my car in for a full paint job, and yes thay still have it. Hopefully w/in 2 weeks I'll have it back, but I've heard that before. Thanks to my old vinly roof the painter has had a nightmare getting the old roof rust straightened out. In the mean time I have concentrated on getting my 2000 GT built up. Currently I'm only waiting on Comp cams to get me blower cams then I'll be built for ~650 RWHP :D
all info here
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=469

anyway I'll be coming back around when I get the car back, and spark up interest to get this thing on the road so I just wanted to say hi :nice:

pics:
-prior to paint
-during
-latest (getting close / camera phone quality)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

68 & 00 GT said:
wow looking great ! Is that Atlantic, or Bright Atlantic blue ?

I bought a gallon of Atlantic blue for my car, and changed my mind at the last second. Waste of $200 lol

it's acapulco blue. factory 69 color, i just wish my car had been that color originally instead of lime gold.........yeech

How were the vinyl roof trim holes above the rear fenders filled? I need to do the same thing. Thankfully I discovered my roof still has almost entirely original paint under the vinyl and only surface rust. My decklid is rotting under the lip, though.

68 & 00 GT said:
then I'll be built for ~650 RWHP :D

On a production 302 block?

you're in much better shape than me, my entire roof was pitted :notnice:
I'm sure he welded them in, b/c I know he had to cut out some metal, and weld new in here, and there.

My 2000 Stang has a 281:D even though my current block is capable of holding that much power the 650 RWHP will be made on a bran new production 2003 Cobra block b/c that's the one the shop building my engine prefers for their built shortblocks :nice:

68 & 00 GT said:
you're in much better shape than me, my entire roof was pitted :notnice:
I'm sure he welded them in, b/c I know he had to cut out some metal, and weld new in here, and there.

My 2000 Stang has a 281:D even though my current block is capable of holding that much power the 650 RWHP will be made on a bran new production 2003 Cobra block b/c that's the one the shop building my engine prefers for their built shortblocks :nice:
I still can't figure out why Tim loves 2V's so much but he uses the biggest 4V block of them all. So when will your car stop being an MPH time whore again? :rlaugh:

The holes were filled with this stuff that is similar to any body filler like bondo called all-metal. That's what the silvery looking stuff is.

straightsick see my sig for pics. My new 4.6 is still sitting around the MPH shop. My 2000 hasn't been a time whore yet, hell he built my engine last December / January - been waiting on Comp Cams to grind me some blower cams basically since then. They are coming now, so Tim told me to bring it June 18th. I want to get this ~650 RWHP car home ASAP so I can finally really get on my 68 !! Should be early July :banana:
also the whole 2V vs 4V is a head thing not a block thing :D