Remote Start

KaPPaBaLL said:
how much are the clifford alarm systems?? and where is the best place to buy?

they have various car alarms, but if you wanna get the whole deal, i remember it being around ~575, you can get them directly from clifford..

• Sponsors (?)

KaPPaBaLL said:
oh alrighty.. my turn..

oh yeah btw.. i got hook ups on car alarm systems so if anyone wants one just tell me brand and item number so i can check how much i can get it for you...

where you stealin' them from? :D

I have a remote starter on my car also....and it ranges about 1/8th a mile which helps a lot when I'm at class or work.

all I gotta do it push the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and it starts up for 12 minutes...the lights stay on then it shuts off if I don't put my key in by then or if i press the clutch or brake as scotty said before I put the key in.

In terms of opening the door and all that stuff...that doesnt' apply to mine. And in terms of how I have to leave the car, just as everyone else said park with E-brake up and in neutral always...it's become a habit. I just never remote start my car if someone else was driving it before me...more than likely they parked it in gear.

I've tested it in gear to see what happens...if the E-brake is up it will try and jerk forward but get held back...after three failed attempts it will just shut off.

If the ebrake is NOT up and it's started in 1st gear it will just drive...i tested in a parking lot and it continued to move slowly for about 1/8th a mile before I stopped it.

Gotta be careful. :)

DeadLurker said:
I have a remote starter on my car also....and it ranges about 1/8th a mile which helps a lot when I'm at class or work.

all I gotta do it push the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and it starts up for 12 minutes...the lights stay on then it shuts off if I don't put my key in by then or if i press the clutch or brake as scotty said before I put the key in.

In terms of opening the door and all that stuff...that doesnt' apply to mine. And in terms of how I have to leave the car, just as everyone else said park with E-brake up and in neutral always...it's become a habit. I just never remote start my car if someone else was driving it before me...more than likely they parked it in gear.

I've tested it in gear to see what happens...if the E-brake is up it will try and jerk forward but get held back...after three failed attempts it will just shut off.

If the ebrake is NOT up and it's started in 1st gear it will just drive...i tested in a parking lot and it continued to move slowly for about 1/8th a mile before I stopped it.

Gotta be careful. :)

sweet info bro. what alarm system is that?

Clifford remote start with my Intelliguard 8000

Hey Kappaball, I'm in Castro Valley too. Got a silver 99 GT vert. Would you be able to get a hold of the same model that Spreadman has, Clifford remote start with an Intelliguard 8000?
Bought my 99 from a friend who had bought it used abd it doesn't have the original system. I'd be interested in one after the new year when I get back in town. How much for one + installation.

chevylover said:
Hey Kappaball, I'm in Castro Valley too. Got a silver 99 GT vert. Would you be able to get a hold of the same model that Spreadman has, Clifford remote start with an Intelliguard 8000?
Bought my 99 from a friend who had bought it used abd it doesn't have the original system. I'd be interested in one after the new year when I get back in town. How much for one + installation.

i'll have to get to my friend and ask him how much for alarm system plus install. comes with warranty and everything of course. My friend is San Ramon can get really good deals and they have everything so not to worry. I live right off miramar. Where do you live? maybe we can meet up. Do you know Matt with a 2002 Silver GT coupe? it's procharged just wondering if you knew him. Anyway, i'll talk to you later..

btw names john

edit. here's my number.. give me a call 866-1099