Removal of stock H-pipe...yikes!!!

This PITA is exactly exactly why I bought an air compressor and air tools. They made this job very easy. I've got a 3/8" impact and 2X 1/2" impacts, along with deep and shallow SAE and Metric impact sockets and extensions and swivels to access just about anything I can put my eyes on.
You dont need to spend a fortune on this stuff. I have a Craftsman 15 gal compressor (though I wish I had opted for the 30 gal, but the 15 is sufficient) and all my air tools are from Harbor Freight - and I have not had one problem with em.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if this is possible on yours or not but on my 2000 I ended up removing the passenger tire and plastic inner fender and hammering on the side of the nut with a long cold chisel until the thing started to turn off. The nut was so stripped it was the only thing that worked for me. That's one job I don't want to do again

just did mine on my 98gt went with a mac o/r h pipe. PITA it was now i have the clunk from the hangers holding the pipe up to high it is hitting on the drivers side cross member need to try and pry it down and stretch the hanger!!!!

This PITA is exactly exactly why I bought an air compressor and air tools. They made this job very easy. I've got a 3/8" impact and 2X 1/2" impacts, along with deep and shallow SAE and Metric impact sockets and extensions and swivels to access just about anything I can put my eyes on.
You dont need to spend a fortune on this stuff. I have a Craftsman 15 gal compressor (though I wish I had opted for the 30 gal, but the 15 is sufficient) and all my air tools are from Harbor Freight - and I have not had one problem with em.

doesnt really help if the 15mm socket doesnt go over the 15mm nut and the 16mm is too big.

i have all that listed above and its not necessary for 3 out of the 4 bolts under there, they all came off with moderate effort and were fingered loose the rest of the way, its the 4th (passenger lower) thats a pain because of location, not to mention if yours is rusted a 15mm wont fit, which strangely that was the case in mine (cali vehicle as well).