Removed quad-shocks, hearing a knocking sound.

I removed my quad shocks 3 weeks ago, now I'm hearing a knocking sound coming from the driver side rear tire. I only hear the noise when weight is applied to that side of the car (turning right, additional passengers), or when I hit a dip/bump in the road. I had my wife and brother in the car this past weekend and the knocking was constant - the knocking didn't stop until the car stopped. Very rarely do I hear the noise when I'm alone in the car. Obviously I'm not very mechanical, so I'm asking you guys, what do you think the problem is, and what do I need to do to fix it? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

ram360, I'm not lowered. I'm running 245/60/15's on an 8" Draglite with a 5.5" backspace. I originally tried flipping the quads - the tires cleared, but the quads were up against the shocks, so I decided to remove them. I was surprised that I had to remove them for a 245/60. I think something may be rubbing too, the knock speed changes as I accelerate/decelerate.

Check the single bolt that mounts the lower shock end to the axle. It takes an 18mm wrench. Mine was loose, allowing the bracket to rattle against the axle every time the shock went up or down.

I may be a good idea to put the rear axle on stands and make the right side a little higher. With both wheels off the ground, you can spin the tires with your hands and locate the noise if it makes it. Just dont stick your fingers in the rim to turn the tire. I did that once, ouch. :D