Removed sway bar..... wasn't impressed.

Jackie Chan said:
i wouldnt call 1.8s debunking the myth

Wrong myth. I was talking about the car handling well after removing the bar. Sounds like it handles like crap without it which is what I thought. Oh, and by the way, I am not slamming anyone but err on the side of caution. :)

"I did not like driving the car all w/e without the sway bar. I did fine, drove careful, but when an animal runs out in front of you on the highway. All I could do was SLOWLY move over and hope I didn't damage anything.

Luckily the opposum didn't turnaround like they do sometimes."

" removed my one day to see the difference between on and off. For daily driving and the roads I'm on, I will always have my swaybar on. My car, passengers, and me are more important to me than getting that little extra something. Safety and more streetability is much more crucial to me, since it was my daily driver.

If you do not have a daily driver, and just a play car (straightline), then it is up to you.

Turns are not the same, it is different."

• Sponsors (?)

HISSIN50 said:
I'm with David. Ford installs NOTHING it doesnt have too (over millions of cars, every cent counts). Though the SN95's handle a bit better than foxes, both handle kinda crappy, all-in-all.

For those that dont run one, I have the feeling they are not into spirited (twisty) driving or they dont have much of a stock suspension.

It'd be like someone [with a stock rear suspension]saying they get wheel hop with no quads. Then someone [who has aftermarket control arms but doesn't mention it] says he removed the quads and had no wheel hop. Well, DUH.

Bottom line is that every car is different, as is its purpose and style of being driven. I do everything I can to make the car handle as best it can - we don't anticipate needing to do evasive maneuvers.

As you can see, I'm not a big HP guy, but like stuff to DD well and track like it's on rails.
MHO.

Yeah, that stuff goes on entirely to much...:nonono:

How's it going JT, I hope things are well...I need to reply back to you, I'm always the untimely one:bang:

Yep, it all depends on your set up. Personally, I don't think subframes will help much. But the slammed effect like jackie chan has will certaintly help! So many different configurations! So true man.

yellow1995Cobra said:
slam you?? LOL i said u were going overboard.. Dont cry about it please

And oh yea, u said ur looking for a way to fix it. I told you already, get subframes, maybe u missed that?

The entire 3rd paragraph was about the sub-frames and replying to you. :rlaugh: Maybe you missed that?

I don't cry about anything on the net. :lol: Honestly I never expect anything but a "pessimist" answer from you. You usually jump in with both feet assuming you know everything about everyone's setup. :p

Edit: Guess I better clarify... the smilies above are suppose to show you I'm joking around with you. Not upset, not crying, just playing, but getting my point across at the same time.

HISSIN50 said:
I'm with David. Ford installs NOTHING it doesnt have too (over millions of cars, every cent counts). Though the SN95's handle a bit better than foxes, both handle kinda crappy, all-in-all.

For those that dont run one, I have the feeling they are not into spirited (twisty) driving or they dont have much of a stock suspension.

It'd be like someone [with a stock rear suspension]saying they get wheel hop with no quads. Then someone [who has aftermarket control arms but doesn't mention it] says he removed the quads and had no wheel hop. Well, DUH.

Bottom line is that every car is different, as is its purpose and style of being driven. I do everything I can to make the car handle as best it can - we don't anticipate needing to do evasive maneuvers.

As you can see, I'm not a big HP guy, but like stuff to DD well and track like it's on rails.
MHO.

I really think that is it. I've gone back and talked to my fox friends about this. ALL had aftermarket control arms and sub-frames on their cars. Wish they had mentioned this up front. :nonono:

:lol: So let me clarify with bone stock 191,000 mile suspension, drag springs with 10-way strange shocks in the rear and a removed ST brace.... when removing the sway bar, the car drives and sits for that matter like poo. :D

:lol: The leaning has a great deal to do with the airbag and removing the sway bar. Amazing how much difference it makes. I have the sway bar back on, and the car is level, just a little higher in the rear with the same PSI in the airbag.

The front end raising up more could be the rear shocks and/or the removed sway bar. I hope to get back to the track before the engine comes out this winter. Give it a go with the rear shocks in. Then I'll know for sure.

The old girl is getting low on compression. Works great on the bottle, less friction in the engine. N/A it's a bit of a different story. :D

Just to chime in...I've got all Maximum Motorsports front and rear suspension with tubular K-member and coil-overs. When I called to ask which front sway bar I should get from them to go along with all that, they told me the stocker was as good if not better than what they would sell me. Pretty cool if you ask me since they could have had me for $200.

gcomfx.com said:
The entire 3rd paragraph was about the sub-frames and replying to you. :rlaugh: Maybe you missed that?

I don't cry about anything on the net. :lol: Honestly I never expect anything but a "pessimist" answer from you. You usually jump in with both feet assuming you know everything about everyone's setup. :p

Edit: Guess I better clarify... the smilies above are suppose to show you I'm joking around with you. Not upset, not crying, just playing, but getting my point across at the same time.

I really do hope your joking.. Are your 12?

yellow...maybe for once don't perpetuate the **** storm? I don't think it was necessary to waste this much space.

not digging on you, just trying to get this to look more like the 94-95 forum.

back on topic...

I'd assume that whether or not a strut tower brace is being used would also be an important factor in the body roll that is evident when removing the sway bar. more so than if SFCs are installed...correct me if I'm wrong, but don't SFCs stiffen the chassis more than they would reduce roll? Either way SFCs help cornering, but I don't really see them curing the problem created by removing the sway bar

:shrug:

Therian said:
yellow...maybe for once don't perpetuate the **** storm? I don't think it was necessary to waste this much space.

not digging on you, just trying to get this to look more like the 94-95 forum.

back on topic...

I'd assume that whether or not a strut tower brace is being used would also be an important factor in the body roll that is evident when removing the sway bar. more so than if SFCs are installed...correct me if I'm wrong, but don't SFCs stiffen the chassis more than they would reduce roll? Either way SFCs help cornering, but I don't really see them curing the problem created by removing the sway bar

:shrug:

Woah chill out there cute guy. Im such a BAD guy for saying hes overboard. Oh my goddddddddddddd, everyone needs to lighten up .

lol, so back on topic, i took mine out, and now the car has been vibratiing like hell, would this have anything to do with me removing that?? the last few things i have done to the car have been u.d pulleys, msd blaster coil, and removing the bar.. and ever since then when i start up the car and put it in reverse or drive, it starts vibrating, and makes sort of a whiney noise.. i dont know if this is different all together.. just thought i would ask. Thanks guys1