Removing a shell? R.I.P. Mustang

Well guys, my Mustang R.I.P. I never got to finish my project, so I decided to sell my car as a roller. Mid tear down, I came across some serious rust on the rear floor pans, that went completely unnoticed. So I'm completely parting the car out now. That said, how the hell do I get rid of a shell? Will a junkyard come tow it if it's sitting on jack stands? If the frame (Subframe connectors) are on the ground will I seriously damage my driveway if they tow it from there (I don't mind scratches or a *few* gouges)? How much does this cost, I'm assuming an arm and a leg.

Now, that said, I'm really disappointed/annoyed. I always hoped to sell the car, let it go to a good home, then possibly buy it back one day down the road when the time was right. Well, the time will never be right, so I have to move on for the time being. What should I replace her with? I was thinking an 06 Charger SXT (Can't afford the R/T Insurance I would assume).

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to give the shell to them, they will more than likely come and get it fo free, I gave my 86gt to a salvage lot, and they came and got the shell and almost gave me money lol, It was on jackstands as well, pick up the rear with a jack and have him hook the winch to the rad support, slide the roll back under the K member and start reeling it in, this way the jack makes sure the body dosent mess the floor up...

Idea: buy a set of four-banger rims (and spindles/axles, if you're keeping your old stuff) and throw them on there so they can haul the thing off without any issues.

Better yet, find a four-banger notch or hatch in good shape, swap all the goodies into it, transfer the junk four-banger stuff onto the junk car (just enough to make it an actual roller) and then have the scrappers haul that off. Then you've got a perfectly good body AND you've got the rusty old shell gone. :nice:

If your that strapped for cash why even look at a new car? The worst thing to do is live above or on the ragged edge of your limit. It will only hurt you in the future unless you come into some good fortune.

I would say if you don't have the means, get rid of the fox, and buy a used car thats reliable, cheap, and good on gas.

If your that strapped for cash why even look at a new car? The worst thing to do is live above or on the ragged edge of your limit. It will only hurt you in the future unless you come into some good fortune.

I would say if you don't have the means, get rid of the fox, and buy a used car thats reliable, cheap, and good on gas.

When did I say I was strapped for cash? I was just assuming it was going to be an exorbitant amount of money because it's just a body. If anything, I'm guilty of living too far under my limit and missing out on somethings.

It's nice to see JY's will take it for nothing really. I was honestly anticipating like $500 to get rid of it.

I was thinking an 06 Charger SXT (Can't afford the R/T Insurance I would assume).

I was referring to that, when you said you don't think you can afford the insurance on the new car you want to replace this one with.

Not sure what a JY in Staten Island will charge to come grab it, but then again SI... you can just park it on the street and let it rot into the ground there...

:D just kidding with you!

I was referring to that, when you said you don't think you can afford the insurance on the new car you want to replace this one with.

Not sure what a JY in Staten Island will charge to come grab it, but then again SI... you can just park it on the street and let it rot into the ground there...

:D just kidding with you!

Haha, I guess you've had the joy of coming through? What I was trying to say was this: My notch is a titled 4 cylinder, and I pay something like $166 a month. I figure if I get the R/T it will AT LEAST double, probably nearly triple (considering V8). The SXT is still a V6 but it is a pretty nice car at a very good price (06 SXT's go for under 20g's, which is affordable with like the $6000 I have to put down).

I'd let the car rot in the street, but I can't even get it out there if it's on the frame lol. I even had an offer for the frame, but I think the deal fell through.

I'm not sure thats why people hate it... :D

I don't mind it at all, spent some time in the area and never had an issue. It's usually the blowout, fake tanned, wife beater wearing gotti looking kids that make people hate SI. I personally don't mind it and just chalk it up to how they were raised!

Yea the Gotti look gets annoying, but there is a STRONG Mustang turnout on this little island, and 25th, you're car would be like a god here.

Yes it does, and the Jersey shore is an interesting place to spend the summers :D.

NJ, NY, CT and this area has a huge Mustang following. Tons of them everywhere!

Not sure it would be a god unless it had 700+ hp, then maybe. LOL