Interior and Upholstery Removing Airbags In 94 Gt Questions?

I have a few questions for those that have done it. I know I can get the delete kit from UPR but has anyone had any success gutting their factory steering wheel cover and passenger side module?

Buying the driver side delete may be the easiest but I don't like that the passenger side delete panel is plane jane and I would loose the Mustang script that the factory panel has.

Does this cause any dash lights to illuminate? If so is a tuner such as the one from Anderson ford able to turn it off?

• Sponsors (?)

Any deletion of the air bag system will turn on the light. I believe 1994 still used a bulb for the air bag light. so you could simply pull the bulb out of the cluster.

There is a way to solder in resistors to simulate the airbag is still in place. Basically what you'd do is replace the airbag with the resistors to fool the air bag computer into thinking the bag itself is still plugged in. I don't know the values needed though. This is what manufacturers did in vehicles where side airbags were an option. I want to say 2 ohms?

I'm not sure you can gut the airbag. You can certainly unplug the airbag if you don't want it going off, but you still need to deal with the 5lbs each or so of weight that will remain by leaving them in place.

I believe the driver's airbag delete was a unit Ford stuck on Rangers that were exported to the middle east and didn't require bags. Back in the 90's, these were $25-35 or so. Amazing they are over $100 now