Removing factory wing

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I have been wanting to get rid of the factory wing and get a nice spoiler of some sort, then I saw a few pictures in a mustang mag of an 06 without a wing or spoiler and I liked that look a lot, I really think it will make my car look unique, and IMO I think it would look great.

I called two different body shops and was quoted 375 and the other place said 425 to fill the 4 holes, primer, blend in the paint and clear the whole lid, I have 0 experience with body work and I was thinking it would cost like 200 at the most to have this process done, I was horrified when I was told it would be so much, I am not against paying good money for a job done right but, 400 for this :notnice:

I called Ford just to see what a new trunk lid would cost, you ready for this? 675!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if any of you guys know of a better and a bit cheaper way to go about this? I live out in the country and there are no junk/salvage yards anywhere near me where I could get a used lid off a junked Torch Red V6 stang (one with no holes).

I looked at NTO and they didnt have any, I'm just not sure where else to look for a used, already painted Torch Red trunk lid, I know I would have to be pretty lucky to find one already painted my color, but you never know.

If anyone has any advice, I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I was wondering the difficulty of removing the stock spoiler. If I decided to go with a GT500 or roush spoiler do all the existing holes match up? I'm terrible when I comes to body work

You can never go wrong with a GT500 wing from spoilerstore on ebay. I got mine for less then 140 bucks and installation was pretty straightforward.

Mind you it'll take a little while to do it RIGHT but the result is well worth it complements the car way better then the pedestal OEM wing the car came with. Line it up right and even though you are only bolting down two screws instead of four the 3m tape will cover the two missing screw holes and will never have a problem. Had it on my car for over two years with zero issues.

Try it you'll love it.