Removing Gauge cluster on 92

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
no idea what needs to go first. I can't access the cluster because the dash (the part that holds the headlight switches) is in the way. I can't move that because the steering column covers are in the way. I can't figure out how to take either of them out. And in the process I've broken my clear lense so that's an unwanted $50 out the window to replace it :bang: :bang:

Please help before I start throwing tools around :(

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I just did this a coupla months ago...here's what I did (from memory):

-The column covers are 2 screws from underneath. Then the 2 halfs pull apart.
-I took out the plastic knee panel also...don't remember if it was necessary or not. It pulls out but takes a good pull.
-Pull out the 4 switches, headlight, flasher, etc. and disconnect.
-find all the screws for the "dashboard". I used a socket for the ones up by the windshield. Beware, I think theres one screw on the dashboard that is to the right of the steering column and up and in there. You'll find it 'cause you'll have all the screws out and the thing will still be stuck at the bottom right corner. The screw holds a metal piece connected to the "dash".
-next will be the screws for the clear plastic shield...I think they are delicate...I broke some of the holes in the shield but wasn't a problem.

That should do it or there may be another set of screws for the guage cluster itself.

If you come across any obstacles, let me know. I'm sure I could remember more if prompted...

Aha, the column cover has screws. That's my first problem. After that, I think I got all the other bolts out already. The two up at the windshield are out, a couple T-20 torks from underneath are out as well.

Thanks guys