Removing MACH460 for weight savings

Has anyone removed their amps and speakers for weight savings? How much weight did it amount to? Any special considerations when removing all the junk from the rear dash? Any instructions out there?

I don't use my factory stereo at all. I figured I can take out all six speakers, the amps and any associated hardware. I plan to leave the stock head unit in so I don't have to plug up a big hole, and I still use the clock on it.

• Sponsors (?)

that plastic doohickey that sits in the back under the deck that holds the 2 amps and rear speakers is around 15lbs. it serves no purpose other than to make everything look kinda nice, and give you almost no clearence for any subwoofer box.

thomas91169 said:
that plastic doohickey that sits in the back under the deck that holds the 2 amps and rear speakers is around 15lbs. it serves no purpose other than to make everything look kinda nice, and give you almost no clearence for any subwoofer box.
That's the kind of response I was hoping for...

What is that plastic doohickey thing? If I remove that, will the rear dash collapse? I plan to do this in conjunction with a rear seat delete.