Removing my 68 FB Windshield, any tips?

kmterrill

kill joy
Jun 10, 2005
Redford, MI
This weekend it looks like I'll be removing the windshield and possibly the back glass out of my 68 fastback. Any tips or suggestions on how to do this the easiest way without breaking anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Goo

kmterrill said:
Mine seems to have some pretty sticky goo holding the glass in place. I was thinking of running some type of wire through between the glass and body to help break up this goo.

I had the same "gooey" mess when I removed the front windshield from my '68 coupe. I just used a utility knife to cut through the rubber and goo and the windshield just pushed right out. I used some paint thinner to clean up the goo.

I wouldn't use the wire unless absolutely necessary

Good luck! :flag:

if you plan on replacing the seal, then take a ultility knife and cut the rubber as far back as possible. then get on the inside and push outwards using a flat hand (not a fist). just have someone to catch it!

First of all, get the proper tool to remove the moldings, don´t use a flat end screwdriver, it will ruin them.
Don´t use a wire, just cut the weatherstrip all around the glass and push it out from the inside. Clean up the mess with pain thinner.