removing oxidation

• Sponsors (?)

I've actually found an amazing product. I've had terrible oxidation on my 66, it was waayyy foggy and have used product after product w/ barely any results. I even did the clay bay, which did nothing. I have also done a 3 part system that consisted of buffing, and it worked pretty good, but sadly the oxidation returned shortly after.

Anyway, the product I recently used and highly recommend is called Oxygone. I've only found it online and its from the same makers of Dri Wash 'n' Guard, which is a also a good product (it works like a wash, wax and sealant in one).

The cheapest I found the Oxygone for was about 10 bucks for 8 ounces. I've used about half the bottle to do the top, hood and trunk on my car (the sides were fine). I did apply the Dri Wash 'n' Guard right after, which I think helped me keep the results I achieved. That Dri Wash 'n' Guard is pricey though, like 40 bucks, but it lasts a while. If you don't wanna spend the money I'm sure a good (less priced) wax and/or sealant would be fine to apply after the Oxygone treatment.

Anyway, I applied the Oxygone treatment by hand and was amazed, you can probably get even better results with a buffer, at least thats what it says on the product. Although the oxidation is not 100% gone, the difference is like night and day, and I plan on using the other 1/2 of the bottle to see if I could get the rest of it off.

I honestly don't think theres a better product to get rid of oxidation and have recommended this product to my brother to use on his highly oxidized but otherwise nice RX-7.

Anyway, good luck, just do a search on google for waterless car washes, dri wash n guard, and oxygone to see what you come up with.

Yeah i tryed the claybar and although it did smooth out the hood, felt smooth, the oxidation was still there. I think i'm gonna try that oxigone stuff. I'm the 3rd owner of the mustang so i don't know if it's original paint job but i doubt it. I seen some over spray on the wing and under the hood. thanks everyone.:flag:

My cars got this too..its on the mirrors too though!
Anybody else notice the outside edge of the mirrors looking oxidized?

Otherwise, its on the top of the door, the sideskirts, some parts of the fenders, the hood feels rough like it has it but looks good enough.