Removing Spring Isolators?

Burtonsnow157

Dec 16, 2007
I installed my c-springs last week and i dont feel like it lowered the car enough so i think before i get the car aligned i'm gunna remove the spring isolators to get additional drop. The paper that came with the springs said
"removal of stock upper and lower isolators will lower the car an additional amount . . . "

the only thing im wondering is i know you can take out the front isolators, but what about the rears? do they just mean the front or all of the isolators?

how much lower will taking the isolators off of the springs drop the car?

would it be better to just take the top isolators off of all 4 springs? (or the two fronts only)

• Sponsors (?)

I installed my front springs today, and my friend said that I shouldn't take the iso's off, but I'm not happy with the drop yet. It dropped a good 2", but my front end was already able to fit 4+ fingers. I can now fit 2 fingers, so I'm hoping it'll settle and be a little bit lower.

We're doing the backs, even though it doesn't need to be lowered as it looks sick right now. We'll see though.

Just curious about this,if you remove the iso's do you need the front realigned or not?Also what happens if you dont put tape on them?Im guessing noisey?:shrug:

Reason I ask is that I know the Mach's sit 1/2"lower than the GT's and I would like it just to be a tad lower.As of right now like the other poster said I can get 4 fingers in between the front and only 2 in the rear of wich annoys me,I was thinking if i only removed the fronts would I see a noticable diff in the stance?Really i like the way the rear sits but not the front....:rolleyes:

If you take out the fronts you should have the alignment checked being it will lower a little, not sure if its enough for alignment. The only thing leaving them out it might make noise. I dont have them in the front and no noise at all. I have had over a hundred 60s and 70s car and none of them ever had isolators from the factory and no noise.

Well I was changing my wheels and started on the right rear and said screw it and took out the isolator. Put the wheel on but couldnt get a measurement because I was taking off taller tires. Went to the other side and swapped tires and put it down for a measurement. Well the right side of my car has always been about 1/2 taller then the left, now they are equal. So I left in the left side. So it looks to me that removing them will lower around 1/2 inch.

Well I was changing my wheels and started on the right rear and said screw it and took out the isolator. Put the wheel on but couldnt get a measurement because I was taking off taller tires. Went to the other side and swapped tires and put it down for a measurement. Well the right side of my car has always been about 1/2 taller then the left, now they are equal. So I left in the left side. So it looks to me that removing them will lower around 1/2 inch.

Thats not bad considering it was a free mod...:D.Was that the upper and lower or just one of those?I hate the rear tires are not equal,but I know that is because of the rearend.