Removing Springs

• Sponsors (?)

If you are just removing the factory springs then putting on lowering springs you do not need the tool, jsut a jack and be careful...

However the tool will work well for ya... Just will be slower than using the jack...

That looks like it could be awkward to use in that confined space. The ones I've seen guys use on A-arm springs are the ones that go through the center hole at the bottom of the A-arm and have a couple of T-shaped claws that compress the spring through the middle. If that makes any sense. I just use a floor jack though, just make sure you get the car high enough to allow for enough clearance for the A-arm to drop-down enough to get the spring out.

Yeah, it's not working out so well for me.

I have the a-arm almost completely vertical. I've kicked the crap out of the spring and it's just barely hanging on to the recess of the spring perch.

I didn't remove the tie-rod end because I figured the spring compressor would allow me not to have to drop it that far. And with the tie-rod end removal tool that autozone gave me, i have to take the rotor off and it's pretty much stuck on there.

I do have the c/c plates on though :banana:

If someone has real tall springs, unbolting the LCA at the K-member allows for a TON of room to remove and install springs. Doing this allows the strut/spindle to become the pivot, and they have a lot of latitude to move around (just dont let the assembly whack yourself or your car).

If someone has real tall springs, unbolting the LCA at the K-member allows for a TON of room to remove and install springs. Doing this allows the strut/spindle to become the pivot, and they have a lot of latitude to move around (just dont let the assembly whack yourself or your car).

:rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh:

This would have been even more of a hassle for me.... A few others too hae found orselves cutting those botls out by various methods... :D

I wish my car was as easy as yours...:bang: