Removing the balancer

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 1105, Jan 9, 2004.

1. 1105

1105 I AM the random post master...bow down

How is this done? All I'll need an impact and a balancer remover right? Can someone walk me through the process of taking the stock one off and putting a new one on? Does the radiator need to come out, or the fan? Thanks guys :flag:
  2. 2L8ULUZ2

2L8ULUZ2 Will kiss Moderator ass for title Founding Member

Remove the fan assembly, take off belt, remove crank and water pump pulley, take nut off balancer, install puller and tighten down and the balancer will come off. Install is basically the reverse.
  3. moneypit94

moneypit94 Active Member

it might also be a good idea to put a new seal in while your at it. Depending on what type of balancer you have it sometimes helps to heat it up in the oven a little right before you put it on.

Putting the new one on is usually the tricky part. You may have to see if you can find a bolt that is the same as your balancer bolt but only longer...
  4. 1105

1105 I AM the random post master...bow down

I just had another stock balancer that I'm borrowing from Dan until I have enough to get an aftermarket one. I got it on now thanks to Rog who told me to use the stock bolts that hold the pully on instead of the ones that are in the remover kit :rolleyes: :rlaugh: Anyways I got the new old one on and car runs fine. Heres a picture of the one I just took off... I shouldnt have been driving my car [​IMG]
  5. red94fiveo

red94fiveo New Member

I've got a Romac on the way, where can I get a balancer remover from?
  6. moneypit94

moneypit94 Active Member

You can get them anywhere like autozone, advance, etc.. Its a steering wheel/balancer puller.. Usually about 13 dollars.