Removing the Red Super Strenght 3M Tape

whyask

Apr 4, 2005
Sacramento
Im changing out my rear panel and i went over board the first time with the 3M tape..lol How do I get all of it off the trunk with out spending 10 hours of elbow grease on it ! I have Goo Gone... not sure if that will work... ? Any ideas will be MOST AWESOME!!!
Thanks ya'll

V/R
Justin

• Sponsors (?)

yeah the 3m adhesive romover is probably as good as the goo gone, but nothing will make it wipe away like..let say milk. or, juice.

it will take many o minutes of scraping and such. I used credit card and the plastic square spatula, to get the gunk off from under my stock spoiler.

Use the goo gone and adhesive remover, let it soak, scrape, then repeat, repeat, reapeat.

then clay bar.

buy it online here...

4153 - 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner - 08984

you can also run to a local auto body supply house (even NAPA sometimes) and get one of the adhesive removing wheels that goes on a drill. you will need an air or electric drill, as cordless usually will not have enough torque. these work great, i used them all the time in the shop, it was my preferred method to remove tape or pinstripes.

3M 07498 Stripe Off Wheel

BIG CAT - you sir are awesome ! Thanks , someone mentioned the wheel thingy on another forum and i was kinda confused ! Im a computer nerd so anything car wise im like a woman with a hand gun ! LOL

I would let a professional handle the eraser wheel, especially considering your last post. It can go through the paint easily if you're not careful. I wouldn't have the patience to use just chemicals and elbow grease.

I would let a professional handle the eraser wheel, especially considering your last post. It can go through the paint easily if you're not careful. I wouldn't have the patience to use just chemicals and elbow grease.

true, you can burn the paint off if you dont keep the wheel moving, similar to a buffer. it uses friction and you can get it too hot just the same. It is, however, the fastest method to remove it.