Repainting a 65

Great informative forum. Anyways, I just picked up a 65 & it's primered black. My problem is I don't have the money to get a paint job, at least one this classic deserves. I was thinking about bringing it to place like Miracle Auto Painting to have it painting until I can save up enough. Anyone have any clue about these guys. I know they are not great, but I figure for a temporary paint job, hopefully this can hold me over.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I try to only do things once, and painting is a huge job, but I can also understand your position. Here's a couple tips that may save you some grief in the hunt for a good shop: stop by and speak to them, if they seem like flakes, they probably are. Ask some questions to kind of "feel out" their level of quality. Good questions may be ones like," do you use basecoat/clearcoat paint?", "How long would you have my car?", "Approximately how long would it take?" , "Do you offer a warrantee?", "Does the price include door and trunk jambs?" Try to read some forums like www.paintucation.com they are great guys over there and readily offer solid advice to anyone who asks. One thing to consider is that the prep work is 90% of a paint job, both for better or worse. Don't be afraid to shop around, since in the SF area, there are several "quickie" paint shops that could do a good job with your car without spending your lfe savings. I'd be more than hapy to answer any specific paint questions so don't hesitate to ask!