Replace Power Seat With Manual?

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Stokestack, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Hi all. The power (driver's) seat in my '96 Cobra has stopped working. I never wanted a power seat anyway, and I'd just as soon rip that junk out and replace it with a manual sled. Maybe lengthen the tracks at the same time.

Can anyone weigh in on the feasibility of doing this?

2. I would think a manual seat track from a base mustang would bolt right in. That would be a very easy and inexpensive solution if it works, so I would say it is worth a try. As for extending, I am not sure. Maybe the best option is to mount the seat further back on the slider mechanism.
  3. Thanks. I wonder about height adjustment. It's not really an issue for me, but do manual driver's-side seats have a height adjustment?
  4. I am thinking the manual seats don't have a height adjustment for that period. I know my 88 mustang didn't. I don't recall the v6 mustangs I've been in having a height adjustment either.
  5. I did this on my 95. Took a passenger side manual seat bracket and put it on. Only thing is the adjuster was on the side with the trans tunnel. I sat a little lower with it. All you have is forward and backwards on the adjustment.
  6. I did it on my 97 gt when the power seat stopped working. got my tracks out of a 98. there is not a height adjustment and you do sit just a tad lower but nothing unreasonable
  7. Thanks for the info, guys.