Replaced heater core - now the blower isn't working

Jacob07

Apr 5, 2005
Missouri
I replaced my heater core today (all I need to say :bang: )

I tried to test it...no blower.

I looked in from the glove box and checked the connections (everything was good)

I checked the fuse...good too.

I reached under the dash and behind the blower to find where the orange and black wires went. They seem to be connected fine to the blower.

Where do I start? I would strongly prefer not taking the dash off again :damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

I've checked everything I can see. I just unplugged the blower from the connector behind the glove box and checked it for power. Its live so there is power going to the blower as far as I can tell. Maybe the problem is on the side of the wire that connects to the blower. Theres really not that much room to work with.

I'm going to see what it would take to drop the blower - would be a whole lot easier to work with.

Oh..and the blower worked great up until this so I don't think its broken.

Heh...

I mentioned it to my boss today because he's pretty good with Fords. He had it figured out in no time. I neglected to fully screw in the bottom bolt that holds the whole HVAC on. (the blower's ground)

(Got tired of laying upside down with absolutely no room and decided it wasn't that important :fuss: )

Heh...its off topic but I managed to get my friend to screw it the rest of the way.

Anyways its working great! :banana: