Replacement for Flowmaster 2-chambers?

What's up all-

Here's the deal--I'm thinking about getting some different mufflers and my current exhaust setup consists of Mac shorties, OR-H, and 2-chambers. I know a lot of people fell in love with the sound of this setup (as I once did) and many still are. I had my brother drive my car the other day and noticed that the car is nowhere near as loud on the outside as the sound level on the inside lets you to believe it is. I'd like to know what setups people have gone to from one similar to mine. I've tried the OR-X, don't want turndowns, and like the exhaust deep and loud, but not obnoxious. I've heard some 4.6 GTs that sound absolutely INSANE, and would like to modernize the sound of my 5.0. Should I go LTs? Dynomax Bullets? Spintechs? 1-chambers? I've listened to countless exhaust clips, but you can't really get the full effect. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks-
Hawaii-50 :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you need some Magnaflows. Really quiet at idle but get on them and they scream. Im assuming youve been to mustangexhaust.com ? Thats about the only way your gonna get the sound that YOU want, by listening to the stuff.

Hawaii-50 said:
Has anyone heard the straight through Magnaflow magnapaks on a 5.0?

Thanks-

I've always wanted to hear magnapacks on a 5.0 too, problem with 87-93 though, is that since the fox style body is smaller then the sn95's, to be able to fit on the magnapacks, you need to customize them, and I think they might even go as far to the back so you'd see them like at the end of your rear tires where you normally start to see the tailpipes on an LX.

If your looking for a cool sounding muffler might i suggest the flowtech terminator......Talk about a evil sounding muffler......Summit has them for 54.00 a piece and i really like them......I had the 2 chamber flows but got bored of them....these sound much better being louder and deeper...........

i bought 1 chambers and their not as loud as people claim.. their DAMN loud, but not obnoxious.,.. love it!! as soon as you hit the sweet spot (2800 rpm) right next to a car with open windows, their gonna hold their ears tight and say WOW!!! i do that alot lol.. i have equal length headers, offroad h piupe and 1 chambers

As stated you might ought to look into the Mac Flowpaths...

The 4.6 is a completly different motor so nothing is going to sound really close but I have heard a 5.0 with longtubes, prochamber and mac catback and it sounded pretty similar to my 2000 GT I had (Mac Catback and Prochamber)...good luck on the selection :nice:

David

FiVeLiTeR87GT said:
www.angelfire.com/nj4/jl0ie/singlechambersburnout.wav heres a soundclip of a burnout... real raspy sounding.. like the slp loudmouth on a camaro

5L87GT-
Well, that's the first time I've heard 1 chambers, and I really like the raspy sound. What is the part number on those, and how much are they? My Summit catalog doesn't list a "1 chamber". Anyone have some input on those Magnaflow Magnapacks? The 1 chambers are looking pretty good. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Later-

FiVeLiTeR87GT said:
FLO-325108 is the part number... singlein and single out 10 series 1 chamber mufflers and they're 72 a piece.. youd deffinately love them.. totallly different mustang sound that u rarely ever hear which seperates ya from everyone else bigtime

Thanks 5L87GT-

Are they externally the same as the 2-chamber? Not that it really matters, but do these have the 2000 rpm drone and are they supposed to flow better than the 2-chambers? I work at 5 am and I try not to make too much noise and idle out to the main road--the neighbors are really gonna love me :fuss: (hehehe). My neighbor told me one day that he overslept b/c I was off that day and my car didn't wake him up :rlaugh:

Later-
Hawaii-50

these muffler probably flow almost as much as a glasspack.... these things are SMALLL... only 6 inches long with just a V in side

-[<]- LOL this is EXACTLY how the muffler looks.. perfect diagram.. left is the inlet.. splits around the V, and goes out through the center too..

These mufflers do drone at 2K, but i really dont think their that bad.. however, once u reach the 2800 rpm mark that these mufflers are famous for, you will resonate BIGTIME off buildings a hundred feew away.. theya re loud!! when i take off down the highway, as soon as i hit 2800, the mufflers echo off the buildings on THE OTHER SIDE of the highway!! they sound reallly good..

about in the morning... they are loud.. but can be controlled at a certain extent.. once u start it. its pretty loud in the morning, but u can idle down the block at 1K to get away frpom your neighbors and be fine... i wish u lived by me and i cood show u what their all about... they're loud when you want them to be and can be kept quiet... IF shifting under 2800