Engine Replacement Pistons

I am glad to hear that the hypers will hold up just fine. As for the Pro Comp heads it sounds like there is quite a bit of disagreement. Would you guys all agree that GT-40 heads are a safe bet to go with?

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly having just seen and used the procomp 190's I'm impressed. I was very skeptical at first but the new castings look solid, they have a thicker deck and actually flow well. We bolted them up to a stock bottom end 302 and with a 150 shot the car made 445 to the tires. We just swapped those same heads to a stock 351 Windsor and will be dynoing that tomorrow. I know they had problems in the past, but they have a brand new casting and for a guy on a budget they cant be beat imo.
I have the 190cc procomp castings.. I was impressed for all the :poo: talking about how bad they are.. I did not buy them assembled though. Plan to get it on the dyno soon. We will see what I end up with. I think pro comp has come a long way since they started..I got 800$ in them.. Car pulls pretty good for "junk" castings.