Replacing my clutch

Ok I've seen numerous posts from guys saying don't do it, take it to a shop, etc. Looking back I really should've listened but it's too late now. Problem A most shops are asking almost $500 just in labor to change the clutch using my parts, problem B I've always done my own work unless the vehicle was under warranty and to be honest I feel more comfortable doing my own work. Should've swallowed my pride and taken it to a shop. Here's the problem, everything came apart pretty easily, nothing really challenging here aside from one of my O2 sensors. The space between the starter and...honestly from that angle I'm not sure what it is, it might be the back end of my a-arm for all I know...the space is too tight to get my O2 sensor socket in there and it's too tight to attempt to get a box wrench in there so I'm running out of ideas here. Has anybody else here run into this and if so what did you do to get around it? At this point I'm about to take the sensor off with a chisel and a hammer just to get around it and then I'll worry about replacing it when I get all this done.

• Sponsors (?)

i alwasy found it faster to get an extension in to the midpipe to manifold bolts and drop the midpipe with the O2s and Cat Monitors still on it

Problem was the O2 sensor was blocking my shot at the bottom flange bolt on the passenger side, after no response I just got tired of banging my head against the jack stands trying to find a better angle and just tore it off, I'll replace it with a new one later but for now I needed to get the trans out asap.

But did you disconnect the 02 sensor (the electronic plug)? That'll give you a little more clearance. Otherwise, I got up there with a long extension, a short extension, and a couple of swivels. Then I used masking tape to keep it all rigid while trying to snake it up to the flange. An air gun makes this removal (and install) much easier.

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with mine then because I couldn't even get the O2 socket in there by hand let alone on a wrench regardless of extensions and swivels. Hell I could barely get my fingers on the thing.