Replacing Rotors... Ran Into A Problem.

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Jarrod, May 14, 2014.

1. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I was wondering if anybody else has ran into this problem while trying to replace their rotors. I've done this multiple times on other makes, but when I got the wheel off Lzzy, I found that the calipers bolts were just weird.

1.) The top bolt head is completely covered by a rubber boot. I removed the rubber bolt to find one of Ford's famous star-headed bolts underneath. Gah..... I have no star sockets.

2.) The bottom bolt has no damn head. It is just cylindrical and has a hole on the end. Looks to be like a hexagonal head.

Anyone had this problem before, and how do you get the bottom bolt out? Please! :(

2. COramprat

COramprat Drone Driver Mod Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    The bottom one looks stripped. Time for a new one. Spray the heck out of them with PBblaster, let it sit overnight and then try to remove it. You may break it loose with a pair of Channel locks or a bolt out set. You can replace it with a regular hex head bolt. Take the old bolt to Autozone to match the size and thread pitch. They have a sizing apparatus in most stores. The star sockets sets are about 10 bucks for a set at any auto parts store.

3. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

Okay. That's what I did. Picked up a set of star sockets and hex bits for the bottom bolt. Think I'm going to just replace the pads because they look to be the problem... Not the rotor. Thanks @COramprat.