Replacing The Stereo Headunit - Bass Blocker Question

Monica Castator

Sep 19, 2012
My 2002 mustang convertible has a mach audio system (460). After a lot of research, I think I am going to replace the head unit with a new one to take advantage of ipod, hd radio and bluetooth connections which the factory one does not have.

Here's where my decision is at the moment... final call is tomorrow so all opinions from any who have ventured here would be appreciated:
Kenwood KDC-BT852HD head unit with a wiring harness adapter that should mate the factory wiring without cutting anything. Unit can take a sirius/xm unit if I decide to add later.... and should I decide it's a bad idea, the path seems completely reversible back to factory.

Now here's the undecided part... my research says the unit will do fine with the existing amplifiers in the back but that I need to install bass blockers on the tweeters. I understand that this prevents low range signals from reaching the tweeters but it appears that there are a wide variety of differing Hz ratings for these... I have no idea which bass blockers are needed for the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)