reprogramming your computer

Hey guys,
I need some advice. I'm building a 99 GT to take to the track for driving schools. We run at VIR on a road course. I'm new to the Mustangs, I've been an old school Chevy guy until now. My question is what to buy to re-program my computer for a full race application to get the most out of the 4.6 on race day? I intend to run race gas. I would like to flash it back to a more stock configuration for minor street use ( premium fuel ). I know that there are units out there that you can adjust everything with, I just don't know anything about them or how they work. Any and all advice will be appreciated.

The car has a cold air kit with a K&N filter, X-pipe with flowmaster and no cat's. It seems to run stronger than other stock mustangs I've driven, but I don't know the mod's the PO did to it.

Ben

• Sponsors (?)

A megasquirt? What the....? Go to a local dyno shop and findout what tuners they use. Either sct or diablosport. You can put multiple tunes into the sct (not sure about diablosport) so you can have one tune for pump gas and one for race gas. It takes about five minuets to reflash the computer when you want to switch tunes.

Thanks blubullett,

There is a dyno shop down the road, but they specalize in chevy's. I will drop by and talk with them. I wouldn't know what to do with the tuner anyway. I might as take it to the experts. Plus, with the dyno they can maximize my tune. My buddy has his vette there right now and they are putting a chip in. They said it may take two or three tries to get it right. Apparently, they send the chip back with the dyno sheets to the supplier to re-calibrate until they maximize the results.

megasquirt is a stand alone computer that you make the harness for custom... its tottaly adjustable the big selling point of it is that its pretty cheap to get into... its tuneable with a serial port to a laptop

I had one on my turbo civic and it was megasweet(yeah that was cheezy)

quite a few of big time turbo guys use megasquirt