Reputable remote street tuners?

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

I recently installed a Vortech V2 on my '01 GT but we don't have any reputable street tuner here. The nearest one is 600km away. I therefore decided to buy a Dynojet Wideband Commander to datalog on the nearest race track (5$ / event) and send the results to a reputable remote tuner.

1) In your opinion, who are the top three reputable remote tuners for FI Modular Mustangs and which package do they offer (tune pricing + updates pricing)?
2) Someone suggested me Amazon Racing, did you ever hear about them?

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.
Regards,
Yan

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys,

I recently installed a Vortech V2 on my '01 GT but we don't have any reputable street tuner here. The nearest one is 600km away. I therefore decided to buy a Dynojet Wideband Commander to datalog on the nearest race track (5$ / event) and send the results to a reputable remote tuner.

1) In your opinion, who are the top three reputable remote tuners for FI Modular Mustangs and which package do they offer (tune pricing + updates pricing)?
2) Someone suggested me Amazon Racing, did you ever hear about them?

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.
Regards,
Yan

amazon is just down the road from me, and yeah they do put out some good numbers...

you can ask Amazon Tuning Solutions any questions on their own forums at www.amazonracing.com

most tuners wont do mail order tunes , so you may have to drive the car to someone , I will do them but I will start out super conservative and then have the customer send me data and then adjust from there once I get an idea on how the car is reacting to the changes

most tuners wont do mail order tunes , so you may have to drive the car to someone , I will do them but I will start out super conservative and then have the customer send me data and then adjust from there once I get an idea on how the car is reacting to the changes
And according to your experience, is a properly remotely tuned car as powerful as a dyno tuned car?

And according to your experience, is a properly remotely tuned car as powerful as a dyno tuned car?

http://www.dirtydirtyracing.com/custrides.html

both these cars street tuned , lower picture shows a stock 130K mile shortblock , untouched cast iron GT40s , Ecam and NOS wet kit on stock suspension , that pass was a 7.25 at 95mph on ET streets 1/8th mile , air fuel was at 12.1 , the upper pic is a built 306 that last ran 7.99 on drag radials all motor after driving it 45 miles to the track and then drove it home , air fuel on it was solid 12.9 and hadnt even added any timing to it yet because the engine was still breaking in , I have a 2002 GT with a vortech on it , it puts down 385rwhp , weights 3500 lbs without me in it and ran a 8.11 at 90 mph on drag radials on a 2.1 60ft with the swaybar still hooked up ....
I have experience with everything from roots blowers with carbs to newer stuff with FI and blowers, nitrous you name it ....so I dont think its how but who does the tuning that makes the difference as most people will agree with no matter whos software you use and such .....

We've been doing remote tunes for a long time now. Buy an Xcal 2 - I tell you what to log - email me the logs and I email you an updated tune. All in the price. We've done this for people as far away as Europe, the middle east and all over the USA. This has worked so well, that we will shortly be renting widebands to make it even easier.

We even sell tunes if you already have an XCal and will do the same emailed updates.

One of the things we do is train new dealers for SCT - I'm also co-author of SCT's dealer's tuning manual and the Pro Racer tuning manual (which is pretty dated right now). I am also the author of my Pro Racer Video Training CDs.

[email protected]

We've been doing remote tunes for a long time now. Buy an Xcal 2 - I tell you what to log - email me the logs and I email you an updated tune. All in the price. We've done this for people as far away as Europe, the middle east and all over the USA. This has worked so well, that we will shortly be renting widebands to make it even easier.

We even sell tunes if you already have an XCal and will do the same emailed updates.

One of the things we do is train new dealers for SCT - I'm also co-author of SCT's dealer's tuning manual and the Pro Racer tuning manual (which is pretty dated right now). I am also the author of my Pro Racer Video Training CDs.

[email protected]
I didn't think about your business and I now remember your very good reputation. I even think that Johnny Motorsports, a local tuner from Montreal, has dealt with you for tuning.

I already received a XCal II with my kit but I could still deal with you guys for the tune.

I was wondering, what is the typical delay before receiving a tune update?

Also, what's the typical amount of tunes updates before we get the 99.9% final tune, with a properly working setup?

Thanks,
Yan