Resto work: What's the most anyone here has spent on restoring their stang?

Black Sun 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 23, 2002
L.I., N.Y.
The title says it all. I was just curious. I just came back from the body shop and my car is pretty much done and looks sick, but the guy really went to town and went over budget. Not that I'm really complaining, but he's got mad pic's of all the work done and it looks like showroom, if not better looking at the paint. Opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I've already modified, and that was a pretty penny, and I'm still not done. Restoring is the topic, though. At least someone else here refuses to admit how much they spent, but I assume the car was hot when it was done.

A guy i work with asked me this same thing yesterday "how much you got in your car" i almost started crying... and mine isnt even in the top 80% of the nice cars in here. now THAT is depressing.

Hmmm lets see here. This is all in canuck bux.

2200 in cervinis stuff
2000 in some secret stuff no one knows about yet (hehe)
going to have at least 5000 into full 03 cobra/fox interior hybrid
and around 10k for body and custom paint.

19,200 (est) in body and interior alone.

Now I've gone and depressed myself.

Restoration is much more expensive than modding now a days ..... 10 years ago that wasn't the case. I purchased a lot of OEM parts for the cobra and anymore the "original" parts have become very expensive. I'm sure I could have gotten the reporduction parts for about 1/4 of the cost but I am a stickler for keeping the OEM originality.

Let's see the pics.

I spend a lot in restoration. Sucks when i place a big order from 5.0resto.com for a lot of parts and none of them are performance parts. :(

I'm a big sticklier for mint interiors, so i've spent a lot of money on new carpets, new headliners, and replacing any trim peices that are scratched or don't look new.

After i'm done with the interior, i'll go over the rest of the car. Anything old looking is getting replaced with something new and fresh.

yeah restoration of fox's isnt exactly cheap.

Especially trying to find some OEM parts.

Im doing a little restoration and modding.

Mostly just fixing what Ford should have fixed and replacing worn/broken parts with equal or better stuff.

Ask my wife - she's a bookkeeper- last time she got upset with me because it was $12K over 9 years and I need paint badly. This is my daily driver, so the figure includes routine maintenance. She calmed down a bit when I divided it out and it was less than $120 a month. What kind of fun car can you get for $120 a month? :D: