RESTORE engine additive

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know, there was a thread about additives a while ago. most things that were said were to stay away from stuff that is stop leak and anything with paraffin because it will clog up stuff. i put a bottle of that restore stuff in my car and didnt really notice anything. im taking to valve covers off and intake off this weekend so well see if its nasty underneath.

I used restore when i worked at a car lot on my bosses cadillac. It seemed to work. The oil change that he didn't use it in the car didn't run well and it got it's oil leak back so i don't know if the car got addicted to it or what but it seemed to work ok.

They should call it Kiss me goodbye. Its not going to rebuild compression, if it says that it will stay away from it. Rule of thumb is, if it sounds too good to be true, it ususally is. Our 10 year old daughter was playing with the Lucas oil treatment display, you know the one with the plastic gears inside? She says to me, "I know how they do that, they put syrup in that one" and pointed at the one with Lucas. Now would you put syrup, or something with the same consistency in your motor?

I don't believe in oil additives, excepting one. Lucas oil stabilizer. In my personal use and my buddies use we've noticed reduced oil consumption, reduced oil leaking, and it solved my ticking lifter when my truck was cold. I use it in every oil change on my tractors as well, that stuff just doesn't break down lol.

use it if your motor has nothing to lose. if it's in decent shape, fix the problem.
good luck.
and in the past i have used it. i didnt notice "kiss me." :)

Found out that the "kissme" thing is the new word filter... for example

s.h.i.t = 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me'
ok youngster here is what **** means and why. Back in the day before steam ships, the deck boards at the waterline of the ships were slatted. That allowed the livestock to poop into the bilge. If you were shipping fine textiles you would not want them stained in this manner so you stenciled the crates of textiles and I would hope foodstuffs, "Store High In Transit". Thus **** became an official stencil in marine commerce. This is also why our grandparents were alot tougher than we can even understand. Hey, whose got the remote!