Restore for blowby

exhausted

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
Spain
Just got done putting a new 4 barrel carb and intake on my car. Through the breather on top of the valve cover is incredible hissing. Read cartalk today and they say this blowby can be helped by a product called restore. At least they recomended trying it before rebuild or junk it. Any experience good or bad with this stuff or other products?

• Sponsors (?)

i put it in my car one time....didnt really notice anything. i also have never had my car compression checked. just try it out and if it doesnt work youre out like 6 bucks. ive also heard a lot of people say not to put stuff like that or other stuff with teflon or paraffin in it because it will gunk up valves and stuff. i dont know

I personaly am not a fan of any addictives. Those things are just a temporary cover up on the real root cause. If i where you i would do a compression check. If the compression check shows weak rings. Then maybe it's time to think about a rebuild.

RDGT, you dont have vices, do you. LOL J/K, bud.

i dont think the product you listed has teflon, etc (top ends dont like that stuff)....i have used the product and dont know that i noticed a difference. i have always been too lazy to do a compression test before and after its use.

i dont think it would make any tangible difference in your case, but that is just my opinion. good luck.