Retro Magnum500 wheels on a 67/68?

boatillo

Jun 10, 2006
Talking about the rims that came stock on 03/04 Mach 1 models, anyone have a pic with them on a 67 or 68 and what kind of trouble involved in getting them on? A coworker may sell me their 67 fastback which I have a pic in my mind of Legend Lime paint, these rims, and a late model Cobra engine...

• Sponsors (?)

Sure seems easy...but in the end I'll probably have to get a different readend in there...disc brakes, different suspension, hopefully not flare the fenders any (those retro magnums have a stock 245 tire)...wish I had some money!

Thanks for the input

I had them on my '68. At the time I LOVED the look, but as time has passed, I'm not as hot on them anymore. I don't think they have enough of a "deep dish" look to them for a classic car...look at some pics in my rather rudimentary garage gallery I've set up tonight.

Anyway, here's the setup I had:
620 front coils
Mustangs Plus 4.5 leaft mid-eye rear leafs
KYB Gas-A-Just shocks up front, cheapo adjustible air shocks out back (not a huge fan of air shocks, but they came with the car and worked, so they stayed)
(if I recall correctly) 1.25" spacers
Contenental ContiExtreme Contact 245/45ZR17 meats

Never had any rubbing nor did the wide tires take a toll on my steering system. The added traction from the bigger tires more than made up for the added unsprung weight as far as braking goes.