Rev. Gadget's Electric Garage on TLC

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Has anyone else here seen the TLC show "Rev Gadget's Electric Garage"?

I saw part of an episode a couple of weeks back in which he converted a '67 Camaro (I-6 eng.) to electric for Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

They swapped out the I-6 engine for a 250 volt electric motor and 500#s (10) batteries! Used the stock tranny, lost the gas tank, radiator, exhaust system.....

Best part was at the end when they were doing smokey burn-outs with it!

If the price of gasoline keeps climbing like it is, I just might do the same to "sally", might be the only way I would be able to afford to drive her soon!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I could see going electric for a daily driver, but I could never bring myself to do that to my Mustang. 90% of the fun is listening and feeling those horses thunder under the hood :nice: The price of gas is worth it just for that :D

Sounds like a cool show though, I'll have to check it out

It's a series on TLC, IIRC it's on Wed's here, not sure of the time.

Good luck listening to your exhaust when there is no more gas available. The way things are going in another decade or two, what gas is left will more than likely be held for gov't and military use. So unless someone develops a viable alternative to gasoline for our infernal combustion engines (not too far-fetched...we have bio-diesel for the diesels to run on) electric may be your only choice to drive our classics.:shrug: