Review Of American Muscle 94-98 Black Cobra Style Headlights

Oct 7, 2003
I purchased these almost exactly two years ago from American Muscle. They seemed like a quality product at the time. The fitment was not the greatest, but better than expected. They performed adequately (except for night driving) for almost two years and then the tint started peeling off.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/9498-black-headlights-amber.html

So what started as decent looking headlights now look like complete trash.

I called American muscle to see if they would help me out at all. Unfortunately they're suggestion was to buy new headlights. Buying new headlights every two years is not acceptable to me. In the description it states "full warranty", apparently that only means "1 year warranty".

So if you're in the market for these headlights, either buy the clear ones or a different style.

• Sponsors (?)

Hate to tell ya this but all of the aftermarket pieces have crappy clear coats on them. 2 years is a lot longer than most of them out there. Factory pieces are the best at resisting this or if you have yours resanded and cleared again.

Sounds like its time to sand yours down and have them professionaly clear coated or bite the bullet and get new ones. I'll add too that if the car is a daily driver and it sits outside for its life you will see these issues much faster than a garaged, non daily driven car.

Reactions: 1 user