Revving at other stangs

I was just wondering what peoples opinion is on this. If another stang is driving by you, and they give their engine a rev... do you view that as an insult or just a friendly gesture amongst stang owners? I mean, if you see the guy glaring at you and revving his car, then obviously it isn't intended as a friendly gesture, he's just being a jackass.

Reason being, I was slowing down to pull into my lot, and I seen a stang coming up behind me in the lane beside me, so I gave the exhaust a blip and the ****er gave me the finger!! Personally I like hearing other stangs exhaust and like to hear the revs. However, if this guy has stock exhaust he might have felt like I was showing off or boasting that I was better in some way, which wasn't the case.

What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I think it's cool, no need to be ridiculous or to make too much noise and bother other people.
I also drive a Jeep Wrangler as my dd and whenever another wrangler is coming up the opposite direction, 95% of them will give you a wave.

I think the rev is cooler though, but definitely not as common.

I view it as friendly when the other stang is modded and they are smiling at you or give you a thunbs up. You shouldn't rev at a stock stang cuz they don't share your zest for modding and they might take it as an insult. IF the guy has a stock stang and is revving it at you like your going to be scared just ignore them cuz they are about to do something stupid that will proly put both of you at risk cuz it's usually their dad's car or it was given to them. Just my .02

If they do it to me I think it's time for a race. And I get more mustang owners trying to race than any other car. I don't see why someone with a stock mustang would want to race my stock mustang. Sounds like a boring race to me.:shrug:

But nothing sounds like a mustang with a good mid-pipe and cat-back.

I think its cool. I kinda look at it like hey whats up?? haha. I had some old dude like in his 60's about a week ago rev at me in a new edge gt so i revved back at him and he gave me a little waive then got on it.lol.

With an automatic it doesnt make sense to rev at other stangs cause you
have to put it in nuetral so I just try to make eye contact, if they seem
non violent I roll down the window and compliment thier car at a light.
Otherwise I just nod or wave.

Most stang guys I see that I don't know are either idiot kids with hollowed out cats and straight pipes leaning like gangsters with their hats tipped sideways, or dumb redneck guys who always ask "is that a GT too??" or "Is that fast, cuz mine is!" :nonono: :rlaugh:

Out here in California, just about everyone wants to race you for one reason or another. If another mustang rev's at me, I can guarantee it's accompanied by a stupid smug look. Usually an indication that they would like a piece of you. In my younger years I would have happily accepted, too.

Waving isn't even a safe way to say "Hi" out here either, it's likely to get you flipped off :)

Around here I have noticed a little pattern if you will between the mustangs...

one blip of the throttle is a "hey nice ride"
2 blips is "line up and go at it"

actually, seems to go for most of the v8 cars around here in sarasota. Don't know where it started though...

Anyways, there's no reason to insult anyone on the road... If their car sucks, trust me they know it.