Rhs Cylinder Heads?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I know I've heard or read about them on here, what's the verdict on these? I have a guy offering to trade me a fresh 306 with a set of these on them, wondering what they're worth. I'm not sure which model heads they are, I see they make 3 heads for a 302. I don't think I'd put any of them on my stroker, but if they're worth flipping I may do the trade.

• Sponsors (?)

RHS is a division of comp cams, and they put out a good product. if the price is right grab them.

That's interesting. My block in my vette now is $600. RHS block is $6000. But their Ford cylinder heads are cheap compared to Trick Flow or others. Kind of interesting.

There's a set on Corral I've sort of been eyeballing. They're the 200 cc runner I believe. If you google them, a bunch of threads come up from various forums saying they make decent power for the price. Still wouldn't compare to an 11r, which is why I've decided to save up instead. I'd be willing to bet you could put 8-900 in your pocket after the buyer makes you eat the shipping and tries to lowball you 3 times.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a set on Corral I've sort of been eyeballing. They're the 200 cc runner I believe. If you google them, a bunch of threads come up from various forums saying they make decent power for the price. Still wouldn't compare to an 11r, which is why I've decided to save up instead. I'd be willing to bet you could put 8-900 in your pocket after the buyer makes you eat the shipping and tries to lowball you 3 times.

Eh, I'm most likely going with the 11R myself. They're already in my cart on Summit.

Reactions: 1 users
Eh, I'm most likely going with the 11R myself. They're already in my cart on Summit.
Did you read the article where they made 498hp on a NA 351 with a mild cam? That's what sold it for me. Im collecting parts for a similar build, although I have no plans to reach that goal. Ill be content with 425-450. Have everything bought but the heads and cam at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a guy on Corral that has 11r heads on a 347, which is what you have, correct?

*edit
http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-5-8-engine-tech/1667905-11r-347-na-dyno-s.html
468/426 at the wheels.

Dang...I have plenty of cam, but probably won't be anywhere near that CR....hard to say. If I got similar numbers though, that would bump me a solid 100hp over my previous dyno numbers just with a head/intake/carb swap. That's about the limit I'd feel comfortable on a stock block anyway so I'd be happy with that.

Heh, I probably know those guys, they're local.

Dang...I have plenty of cam, but probably won't be anywhere near that CR....hard to say. If I got similar numbers though, that would bump me a solid 100hp over my previous dyno numbers just with a head/intake/carb swap. That's about the limit I'd feel comfortable on a stock block anyway so I'd be happy with that.

Heh, I probably know those guys, they're local.
RPM killed that block. 6700 through the traps.