Rice or Nice? Lighted Door Sills... You be the judge

BigChiefSmokem

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Jacksonville, FL
http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/mustang.htm

Scroll down a little over half a page to the "Mustang Lighted Door Sills" and take a look. Make sure to scroll your mouse over the last pic of the item to see them at night...

I'm not sure if I like them or not, or if they would be considered "too much."

What do you guys think? (Please try to disregard that site in general, it has A LOT of ricey crap on it, if you guys can find a better place for these, please tell me.)

I have billet dress up items in my car and have been looking for some door sill plates. These are unique, but i like to keep my car looking classy and flashy, but not too overdone, if you know what i mean.

• Sponsors (?)

Def rice in my book sorry man.....I like my steeda door sill plates though:

735687_15_full.jpg

Tough call whether or not I would call it "Rice" definatley a bit too much for me though. I prefer sill plates like
GT02MG has, but its all personal preference.

Not rice. It is in the actual make/model font & lettering.

Now, would I buy it? No. I wouldn't pay $180 for something only viewed when the doors are open. It's like having a flashlight turned on inside of a closed shoebox -- illumination with no need.

It could do well for a car that is only for show. It would be rice if it were to be accompanied by various other accessories found on that site.

I've been wrestling with the same decision. I found them about a month ago on there but am afraid of what they'll look like actually in the car. Timeless has a point when he says $180 for something only visible when the doors are open. I'll probably hold off and put that $180 toward the labor for my 4.10 that were on the Fedex truck 15miles from my house at 8:30 this morning:D .

Post some pics if you end up installing them!

02GTdroptop said:
It's one of those little touches that other people will notice when they get into the car, and I think for that, $180 is a fine price. Plus it's something totally different.

If I could wire well enough I'd get a set!

You have basically summed up the reason I have done every little thing to my car. Littlle things like that add up to make some pretty sweet changes.

I think the general consensus here is that its border line ricey, but maybe if done in the right settings (on my car), it will dress things up a bit...

The only thing i wish though, is that the actual cut out on the sill plate was the letters, instead of a large block cut out for neon part. That would look much better.