"Ricer" writes a letter to Car Craft...must read

rx7speed said:
a low what 13 second car vs a a high 13 second car at best and yet the only way the GT driver woudl lose is if he misses a shift or something???

I figured the almost second difference between them on the 1/4 would be the reason why the GT woudl lose not the GT missing a shift

and woudl also think the EVO would take the launch also though

but what do I know since I am an import owner
and that being the case it is hard for me to figure out that a 13.2 EVO vs a 13.9 GT means the GT wins... sorry must be the import in me

evo's dont run 13.3 more like 13.8 14.0 flats and evo and a gt would be a good race the evo would pull a little though but think of the price diffrence

• Sponsors (?)

pjdellenger80 said:
evo's dont run 13.3 more like 13.8 14.0 flats and evo and a gt would be a good race the evo would pull a little though but think of the price diffrence
isn't the EVO 8 on the same grounds as the WRX STI?

if so that would make it around low 13's since just the plain jane WRX is around what 13.9 or so range as you said

Reno = Riceville usa... Check it out some time. Euro's and bright half-a$$ paint jobs seem to be the doom of the city. Sad thing is... theres not as many V8s around. Kinda miss having a decent race.

pjdellenger80 said:
the new wrx runs with the lancer they both run high 13's look it up
http://users4.cgiforme.com/astrasylum/messages/1681.html
WRX STI 13.3

if I remember right there is a difference between the WRX STI and the WRX
lets see some of the things I am able to bring up
something like 227 hp (if I remeber right) vs 280HP (again if I remember right)
but yet your going to tell me both run the same?
diff suspension and tranny so yeah

will go ahead and go over the sedan vs the STI here
weight
3085 vs 3263
2.0L vs 2.5L
227hp vs 300hp
217lbs/ft vs 300lbs/ft
5spd vs 6spd

and since the BASE WRX ran low 14's maybe a high 13

I would guess that the WRX STI would run around that 13.2 range I was saying earlier

but if you really think all this and the 50hp isn't going to make you faster then by all means believe it

now as far as the EVO8 goes
271hp
273lbs/ft
3260curb weight putting it right about the STI
I would easily again say 13.2-13.4 range

maybe you should go ahead and read up more if your thinking a EVo runs high 14's as well as the STI

and please if the STI runs 14's what does the base WRX run?

Just Remember..there is no substitute for cubic inches! Whats the fastest accelerating vehicle on earth? not a jet plane..not a STANKel engine but a Blown and Injected V8! Go watch speed channel when NHRA is on see how many 4 cylinders are running in the 6's,5's or 4's..none!

the wrx sti runs a 14.0 flat at the track with a 5.5 0-60 and the wrx runs a 14.4 at 5.9 seconds the lancer runs a 13.8 in the quarter and the evo runs a 13.3 so the lancer is faster than a gt but the price range of the two cars are rediculous my gt was $21,000 brand new off the lott and a evo 8 is $30,000 which is much more money. If you want something fast spend the extre money and get a cobra that runs the quarter at 12.9 and is only about $2,000 more. The cobra is a half a second faster and the wrx sti pushes 300 running 13.8 the lancer pushes 271 runnung 13.8's
for the price its not worth it domestic all the way

shawnster said:
Just Remember..there is no substitute for cubic inches! Whats the fastest accelerating vehicle on earth? not a jet plane..not a STANKel engine but a Blown and Injected V8! Go watch speed channel when NHRA is on see how many 4 cylinders are running in the 6's,5's or 4's..none!

So shawn.. u gonna build ur engine to run 6's 5's or 4's? and its all about traction.. My awd DSM will smoke most cars off the line. it'll take some serious slicks to get that kinda grip.

pjdellenger80 said:
the wrx sti runs a 14.0 flat at the track with a 5.5 0-60 and the wrx runs a 14.4 at 5.9 seconds the lancer runs a 13.8 in the quarter and the evo runs a 13.3 so the lancer is faster than a gt but the price range of the two cars are rediculous my gt was $21,000 brand new off the lott and a evo 8 is $30,000 which is much more money. If you want something fast spend the extre money and get a cobra that runs the quarter at 12.9 and is only about $2,000 more. The cobra is a half a second faster and the wrx sti pushes 300 running 13.8 the lancer pushes 271 runnung 13.8's

Lets not also forget that the EVO out slalomed MOST cars, even beating some of the exotics. If your going for more than just street light to street light and actually doing road coarses, then the evo's ur best bet. So its got half the engine and 5 doors.. whats there to worry?

shawnster said:
so your buying your car based upon something your car will never do?

reminds of me the ricer excuse well when I put x part on I will be fast

instead now it is

yeah so I run x time but still my car is a domestic and they can run x times even if they are not streetable in any way

pjdellenger80 said:

need to get your story straight

first you say this
then you go on to say

the wrx sti runs a 14.0 flat at the track with a 5.5 0-60 and the wrx runs a 14.4 at 5.9 seconds the lancer runs a 13.8 in the quarter and the evo runs a 13.3

second the BASE wrx runs flat with a good driver
the STI is around the low 13 range

also you say the lancer is about a 13.8-14 flat range
f you really think a 162hp AT MOST lancer is going to run a 14 flat then more power to you
but I think your info is sadly mistaken

ok here are some things for you to look at since you do not seem to understand them

both of those show faster then your posted times

and who knows of the quality of the driver

both of these are also STOCK cars they are comparing

do a search on the net and find out some things for yourself

you are in the wrong buddy :)

99AWDspyder said:
Lets not also forget that the EVO out slalomed MOST cars, even beating some of the exotics. If your going for more than just street light to street light and actually doing road coarses, then the evo's ur best bet. So its got half the engine and 5 doors.. whats there to worry?

most the time ppl also bring up the skidpad
which I find that very funny

MANY ppl seem to think that a static rate turn, with a static load, on a static smooth flat surfance, at a static speed, going only one direction is going to have an effect on a very dynamic world of handling where the tracks are not smooth, your are not having a static load on your car since you have to brake, hit the gas and even turn a little harder or softer in a turn, your speed is always changing, and you are not always going to go the same direction

True! I was trying to find my road and track magazine that has like all the supercars/cars with potential stats in it. I basing it on stats from the mag. All in all.. the evo is based on a rally inspired car used in the wrc. Most people who get the evo will probably just drag em, but they have the potential to mob on road courses.

rx7speed said:
need to get your story straight

first you say this

then you go on to say

second the BASE wrx runs flat with a good driver
the STI is around the low 13 range

also you say the lancer is about a 13.8-14 flat range
f you really think a 162hp AT MOST lancer is going to run a 14 flat then more power to you
but I think your info is sadly mistaken

ok here are some things for you to look at since you do not seem to understand them

both of those show faster then your posted times

and who knows of the quality of the driver

both of these are also STOCK cars they are comparing

do a search on the net and find out some things for yourself

you are in the wrong buddy :)

pjdellenger80 .... :owned:

hehe quote C&D
I couldn't find where you found the info but most mags do no justice to cars times

I remember R&T was sayin a LS1 camaro SS ran 13.9 at 105.5

but doing some looking in at C&D I found that your 0-60 for the STI is off
you claim 5.9
I am seeing 4.9
http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=592&page_number=2&preview=
for 1/4 mile times I am seeing 13.3 for the STI 13.4 for the evo
and with R&T test record with cars I wouldn't be shocked if they can go a little faster then that

would you like me to bring more info to prove you wrong?

and where is this PROOF that you have that you claim you read?
more and more you are just digging yourself a deeper hole

so what is it going to be?
proof of what you say?
admit you are wrong?
or just walk away from the thread in hopes that you being wrong will go unoticed?

oh yeah PS the mitsu lancer ( not the evo) with a whole wopping 162hp runs a 14.7
you think with over 100extra hp it is only going to bring it to 14 flat?

that's sad man if you really believe that

also I am wondering about how you say a STI is going to run a 13.8 yet a Evo8 is going to run a 13.3

the STI has more hp and more torque weighs about the same as the evo
yet you claim (well the second time around) that the evo is faster

somebody really need to read up on their info before they go about proclaiming "proof"

this is from edmonds car review dont know if it is right but i looked it up so what do ayll think :Although it displaces a mere two liters, the Evo's turbocharged inline four puts out a robust 271 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque. As with the STi, the Evo has a functional water sprayer for the intercooler, just in case things get really heated. Those who have already looked at the "vital stats" will see that the Evo is down of power when compared to the STi, having nearly 30 less horses and nearly 30 less lb-ft than the Subie. In real-world testing, however, the difference vanished. When it came to the 0-to-60-mph dash, the Evolution actually beat the STi by a tenth of second, posting a 5.7-second run to the WRX's 5.8. By the end of the quarter-mile, though, the Mitsu was trailing the Subie by a tenth with a time of 14.2 seconds.