Ricers Just Dong Get it...I love My Vortech!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
I go out to the grocery store about 10PM to get some Chips and Heinekens for my good buddies Joe, Roger, and Jose, Who are coming by tomorrow to help me do some work.

Im the first car in the right lane. A ricer pulls up just behind me one lane over. They revved that FART CAN so loud, I thought the car was gonna blow. My windows are slightly cracked open. There are 2 young PUNKS in the car. All of a sudden I hear "Mother F....n' Slow A$$ Piece of $ht" I was like :jaw: (it was an ugly Civic hatchback about 2" off the ground :lol: )

I punched it about 1/2 Throttle and took off. They were behind me coming to the next light. The light turned red, so I slid over so then can pull up next to me...What do they do? They Freaking go in the next lane and BEHIND another car..What a bunch of Putties!

THen on the way back, IM stopped at a light. I see a newer Integra slowing down in the next lane, but he was anticipating the light change so he could pass me moving when the light turns green. I catch him in about 3 seconds, then while I was one car length in front, I eased back to 1/2 throttle. He had that sucker floored and it was FARTING REALLY LOUD, and could not gain an inch. The only reason I didnt push it to the floor was That Im really careful about racing around town, esp on Friday night. I then let up at about 65 (speed limit is 50) and he just backed off a little.

Only thing better than smoking rice is smoking rice when they are at WOT while you're on your cell phone, adjusting the radio, AND eating a Big Mac all at the same time :lol: :rlaugh:

AS USUAL, they JUST DONT GET IT!

RC

• Sponsors (?)

I know how you feel. An echo type R (yes it was a type R, the only one in the world) wanted to race me yesterday. I took off normal and he launched hard on me, then i floored it and by the end of second i had 4 cars on him. then i let off the gas all the way to resume normal driving and he trys to fly by me. WTF? Like he really didnt think he won.

lol laser...

but the other night i was comin home from a buddys house comin up this little hill that eventually turns into a long stretch of straight road... so im just drivin then next thing i notice this riced out civic flys by me, so i took that a little offensive so i speed up and catch up to him, im right beside him in 4th gear and we're goin about 140 km, (im not trying to go by him btw, im just driving with him) he was most likely red lining at that point, and hes lookin at me with a smile like he thinks he's as fast, lol so i put it in 5th and fly by the punk then i get to a light and he gets there like 10-15 sec. after, and i look at him he looked at me, then he just turned and me and my buddy started lauphing our ass off, looked like he was gonna cry...

then i put on the song... "Another one bites the dust"

actually i didnt put on that song, but if i had it i DEFINATELY would :)

Haha, you guys get all the fun! I don't get any offers in this car, I think the yellow scares 'em off :D. Seriously, in my other cars I got offers regularly, except when I had my chrome yellow '98 Cobra, it was the same as with this car, no offers.

I did run across a loud-ass C5 a while back and I goaded him into a race. Beat him, too! :banana: (at the track, of course)

Dave

HairyCanary said:
Haha, you guys get all the fun! I don't get any offers in this car, I think the yellow scares 'em off :D. Seriously, in my other cars I got offers regularly, except when I had my chrome yellow '98 Cobra, it was the same as with this car, no offers.

I did run across a loud-ass C5 a while back and I goaded him into a race. Beat him, too! :banana: (at the track, of course)

Dave
"Harry", I dont think it's the car, it's the location. The F&F 2 was filmed down here so now everyone thinks their car is a 10-second car. I got guys in Saturns trying to punch it on me and my friend in his Vette (400+RWHP) :rlaugh: :lol:
RC

Haha RC thats great, prob is they will never learn. Sucks that you guys down south are having all the fun, I wont even have my car on the road until April. When I do though its going to be hella fun b/c theres so many ricers around this area that I moved to. Only prob is all the cops, Local Windham cops, Cumberland county cops, and State troopers all patrol this area :nonono:

Well, the thing is, you CAN make a 10 second ricer...
If you spend HUGE wads of money. Sure, that supra could probably have us and own most of us, but how many people go out and buy a brand new supra and throw 20 G's into it? I think for the money, the stang is AWESOME. Shoot, i paid 6500 for my car less than a year ago, and only beaten once by a ricer. Note the mods that are actually IN! Besides, the guy couldn't keep his car running at a light unless he put it in neutral and revved it. he had something wicked in that 3.0 mitsu he had...

I have more encounters with old skool Integras and I'm stomping 5 on a weekly basis with a 94 GT with bolt-on's. I think those huge spoilers make them slower than what they are because my car easily jogs by.

hot_red_z28 said:
nice kill... :)

i was going to call :bs: cause we all know that those integra's got some mad tyte power yo... :rolleyes:

:lol:

I dont even consider it a "kill"....And the only reason I did that to the guy was that he tried getting a 30mph head start just to tell his buds that he "smoked" a stang.

Like I said, the best part was that I was at little over 1/2 throttle, and he had that fart can revved to like 9000 rpm :rlaugh:
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
"Harry", I dont think it's the car, it's the location. The F&F 2 was filmed down here so now everyone thinks their car is a 10-second car. I got guys in Saturns trying to punch it on me and my friend in his Vette (400+RWHP) :rlaugh: :lol:
RC

It's so true ... after those punks see the F&F they think their car has magically turned into one of those cars. It is damn ass funny.

I was driving my friends car to the shop one day for him and its a 84GT to get a new exhaust on. We hacked the other one because it was all rusted off. I was driving through the mall parking lot lined up with a integra with a loud fart can and all the emblems shaved off. He actually revved at me. Oh and I revved back. The open headers set off 3 car alarms that were parked parallel to me. :rlaugh: The guy then proceded to take a turn off the road we were on.

Black70Fastback said:
Seems to me that they think "he with the loudest pipes wins" or something..

Thing is, Even though I have exhaust, headers, Xpipe with NO cats AND a Vortech. My car sounds like stock at idle, and when I punch it, still doesnt sound like cats are off. It is REALLY quiet for what it has on it (Ask Roger and Jose, they both rode in it)

SO, I cant "scare" anyone off with the sound. Gotta just "show" them the Muscle
RC

Quiet S-Trim???

94GTLaserRC said:
Thing is, Even though I have exhaust, headers, Xpipe with NO cats AND a Vortech. My car sounds like stock at idle, and when I punch it, still doesnt sound like cats are off. It is REALLY quiet for what it has on it (Ask Roger and Jose, they both rode in it)

SO, I cant "scare" anyone off with the sound. Gotta just "show" them the Muscle
RC
RC,
Is yours and S or SQ? I have a pretty loud high pitched squeeling kind of sound at idle (like belt slipping). Listening under the hood though it sounds like its coming from the Vortech tensioner pulley. Could it have come with bad bearings making that squeal. After all my kit was packed in Jan 03..
Sound does go away as soon as idle gets above 850/900 RPMS....
Wayne