Riding Lawn Mower

• Sponsors (?)

Are you joking?

This is what I get from the Dealer site.
Place all controls in starting position, turn ket switch to "start"
No Sound - Nothing Happens, Rattling Noise is Heard,
Engine Turns Over but Will Not Run,

Take the Unit to an Authorized Briggs & Stratton Dealer
The symptom you have selected can be caused by several more complex problems than the typical consumer can remedy. Take the unit to your local authorized Briggs & Stratton dealer.

The mower will turn on and will start every once and a while but It will not start the first time and when it does start it floods out.

how do you know its flooding out does it make alot of smoke?

when you start a carbed motor you need to choke it when its cold and crank it some, then choke off and crank, choke on etc. eventually it should start IF it is tuned properly.

has it been sitting? may need to file the points and set the gap

if it just started to not want to run while u were using it it may need the fuel mixture adjusted, if its going rich turn the fuel mixture screw 1/8 turn clockwise (leaner) at a time and keep trying...

Well when it does start it runs hard, then it sounds like it is drowning so I think it is flooding, no smoke at all.

It has not been sitting at all, one day the Plastic gear on the magnito that turns the flywheel broke so I replaced it and ever since then the thing has been going this.

Where are the points?

No Just the gear for it. Let me paint a picture It is cylindrical and when you open it up it has a coil in it and magnets. The gear on tip of it was the thing I replaced. Do you think I should replace the Cylindrical thing is that the starter motor?

I wish there was a pull start on it, the gear freely moves I can see that because I have relocated the gas tank. The starter I believe may be the problem so Monday I am going to call for a price and see what I can do.

I guess I will be replacing bolt on items until the thing begins to work.

Now I am planing a great Tank relocation for this project also, gravity feed and larger capacity. Now this is a regular 11hp tank (plastic) I am thinking a metal 2 gal red gas can modified for the gravity feed. mounted above the enigine in the rear.