rims and slicks

hey guys im going to the track in september and i want to round up soem slicks and rims, i was wondering what size 15" rim to go with and also a 26/15/X slick should i go with? most of the mods on my car are in my sig, only suspention mods are lake wood lowers and sfc's as far as i know, wondering how wide i can go without fender rolling or anything
thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I run 26x10.50x15 m/t et streets on 15" factory turbines when im at the track.I did not even have to flip the quads or roll the fenders and they never rub at all and i get all the traction i need.The picture of my car is in my signature

the backspacing determines alot

for some track rims get smaller backspacing. the rim will sit out farther and you can get wider tires on

current i have a 15x8 draglite with a 4.5 inch BS and run a 26x10.5 et street. and there is at least 1.5 inches of clearence maybe more to the quads.

my street tires are one the same rim but 5.5 BS the street tires are 255/60s i had to flip my quads and they come CLOSE to hitting them, like 3/8" they have rub marks on them so they hit sometimes.

for a cheap simple combo get a rim with 4.5 inch BS, and you can fit a 27x11.5 tire on it i am pretty sure i am about to buy new drag tires and thats the size i will go with and they will fit with my car.

All turbines do come with the same backspacing. But if you go with an aftermarket wheel like Weld...them make them in different back spacing configs. This way their wheels will work on a variety of combinations. Use a stock 10 hole wheel or stock turbine and toss a 10" slick/drag radial on there. You will be amazed at the traction!

I think the 14" rims are a tad more narrow than the 15" rims, because they run some wayyyyy skinny tires on those things ... but who the heck would wanna run 14's on a Fox at the track, anyway? They wouldn't clear a decent set of brakes up front, so ... bleh.

Otherwise, yeah, pretty much all stock Fox rims are 7" wide. Dunno about '93 Cobra rims, but I don't consider those to be quite "stock," in most cases... :)