Rims size ???

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
I'm trying to decide on some rim sizes..I was leaning towards 17x9 fronts and 18x10 backs...I passed a deal tonite on some 18x9s front and 18x10 rear, they were real Saleens but the flat spokes.. :bang: i want ribbed, so I passed...

Anyway...any cons to running 18x9 in the fronts?? any issues I should be warned about??? Would like the 18s for the rear, but the front??? not really sure..??? Any advice or feedback would be cool....

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure on issues with 18's up front, but i cant imagine there are since alot of people have them.

I think 18's in the front and 18x10 in the back would look bad ass :nice: . Especially the saleen rims. Are you gonna go with chrome?

My gf is also in the process of finding some 18inch saleen rims for her 03 6 banger.

I am running the 99 up Saleens 18x9 fronts 18x10 rears with no rubbing issues at all. I have H&R supersports with Steeda x2 balljoints (extra .5" drop) and Koni yellows so it is LOW. No problems at all. Go with the 18" wheels. Then get 2 17" with drag radials for the track...

I have 18's and I don't really mind one way or the other. In the spring I am going to try and sell them for some 17in 03' Cobra's. They look OK but the tires are kind of expensive and I can't *really* tell a difference between 17's. Once the "coolness" of telling people I had 18's wore off, I wish I just bought the Cobra's. If you have the money though, go for it.

Andy, i think either 17's up front and 18's out back OR 18's all the way around would look AWESOME!....id recommend going with an 8" wide rim up front because a 9" comes out to the fender a tad too far and if you have some nice sticky tires up there can spray mud and gravel up on your paint....i think and 8" would help that a little....and def go with AT THE VERY LEAST a 10" rim out back....and throw some 315's on there.....

edit: and just another thing to think about...people tend to run much slower times, traction= :notnice: with 18's....i mean you could run smaller wheels at the track if thats possible and the 18's on the street but just something to think about....

Anthony

Gteat feedback...thanks..

Yes..gonna be chrome

Yes..the tires are $$$$.... :bang:

Yes..the Cobra are going. prolly local sale, the shipping will be killer, although i would meet someone 1/2 way in New Engald area.

Looked at Roh Blade -R...sweet with the 3" lip..haven't been able to hook-up with anyone for prices??? Group A has em...