Rio Red Progress Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

I dont think anyone has asked (unless i'm noob). How much did you snag this beaut for?? :)

Nah, no one asked yet. I got it for $7k. I think that's a fair price for a clean 2V with 57k on it. :shrug:

Great car man I like the Cobra R rims on it a lot more than the bullitts! Btw hows that Pro 5.0 shifter Im lookin at gettin a short throw shifter and cant make up my mind what to get... Thanks for any help!

Thanks man, I like the Pro 5.0 shifter on the car. I'd never used one before now but it's pretty firm and the throws are nice and short. I may upgrade to an MGW (just because I'm spoiled) but it's really not necessary. :nice:

Red or black mustangs...:drool::drool::drool:

Agreed. :D

If you didn't know, Torch Red is also known as Colorado Red. Believe it or not some Ford dealers have no idea what Torch Red is.

What Fords was Colorado Red put on?

In '99, that red is actually called Rio Red on the Mustangs. "Torch" Red didn't show up till 2002 and it's actually a slight (very slight) bit lighter than Rio Red. Rio is red as red can get. I had a '99 V6 in Rio Red and had it parked next to a Torch Red one time...they were mighty close but if you look close enough you'll be able to see the difference between the two when compared side-by-side. Rio Red, at least in name, goes back as far as the late Foxes (I believe...was definitely on the Aero SN-95s).

Then there's the Performance Red of 2000 & 2001...that's much lighter than either Rio or Torch...almost orangeish. Laser Red is practically maroon.

Anyway...sharp ride...love that red! The stripe in the hood scoop "valley" is what I wanted to do with my V6 when I had it...I had the grille delete and Bullitt wheels on mine...never got a chin spoiler for it; bought my GT before I went too far with the sixer.

In '99, that red is actually called Rio Red on the Mustangs. "Torch" Red didn't show up till 2002 and it's actually a slight (very slight) bit lighter than Rio Red. Rio is red as red can get. I had a '99 V6 in Rio Red and had it parked next to a Torch Red one time...they were mighty close but if you look close enough you'll be able to see the difference between the two when compared side-by-side. Rio Red, at least in name, goes back as far as the late Foxes (I believe...was definitely on the Aero SN-95s).

Then there's the Performance Red of 2000 & 2001...that's much lighter than either Rio or Torch...almost orangeish. Laser Red is practically maroon.

Anyway...sharp ride...love that red! The stripe in the hood scoop "valley" is what I wanted to do with my V6 when I had it...I had the grille delete and Bullitt wheels on mine...never got a chin spoiler for it; bought my GT before I went too far with the sixer.

Thanks for the compliment and for the info. I believe you, but can anyone else verify that my car is actually Rio Red? I just assumed it was Torch Red, but I'm a 99-04 noob. :(

Thanks for the compliment and for the info. I believe you, but can anyone else verify that my car is actually Rio Red? I just assumed it was Torch Red, but I'm a 99-04 noob. :(

As long as the car wasn't repainted to Torch Red, check the paint code on the door tag. You can check a list of the door tag codes at 1999 Mustang Production Numbers and get the production numbers for each color for that year.

Performance Red actually came out in 1999 on the 35th "Limited Edition" GT's only 1,555 were built in that color that year.

It bacame a standard color in 2000. It was orginally called Vibrant Red and was a 93 Cobra color also.