Ripe for the picking or not, you be the judge.

I got to thinking last night, and as much as I hate it, anyone who had the insight and bought an average 67' Fastback right around the time that GISS was first coming out had the opportunity to turn it around quickly for a nice little profit without even doing a thing for it. So then, could that formula be applied in some/any degree to any movie car that suddenly gets attention? I just honestly can't help but wonder if there isn't some opportunity for a quick turn around here. For 6 months now I have been passing this solid looking but worn Lime Green 76' Torino for sale with $1000 written on the windshield. I know the old man is likely the original owner and is finally parting with it, I bet he'd even take 7 or 8 hundred for it. With some mild engine work and cheap paint, a mostly factory looking car is far easier to convert than making an Ellie out of a 67 stang, and obviously would command far less $$$ then her too, but I can't help but think an opportunity to double up my money is knocking on my door.

Am I crazy, or should I look into this ya think? I don't expect every hot shot out there will suddenly want one, but if the movie is a hit I have to think there will be more than one nibble on the hook. Let's hear some opinions.

n76fshre.JPG

:scratch: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

• Sponsors (?)

I think the GISS phenomenon is only going to apply to truly exceptional, desirable cars, not novelty cars. Don't get me wrong, the Torino is cool in my book, but I can't see it becoming the next Eleanor.

Sounds like its a pretty good deal though. Might be worth it for for someone who just likes Torinos.

66 BLAKE 96 said:
I think the GISS phenomenon is only going to apply to truly exceptional, desirable cars, not novelty cars. Don't get me wrong, the Torino is cool in my book, but I can't see it becoming the next Eleanor.

Sounds like its a pretty good deal though. Might be worth it for for someone who just likes Torinos.

Gotta agree with Blake. Not just because of loving Eleanor , but these have already had one go at it. Its not really " new" I guess. Cool ? To me, yeah, I have the 1:18 . :shrug:

Right, well like I said, to some or any degree. I don't expect them to suddenly be fetching 6 figures at Barrett Jackson (of course even Ellie shouldn't be, she just does) but we are basically talking a new black interior, some flash paint and mild engine tinker to sound a little fierce, mostly stock not highly modded and frankensteined. It just seems to me that their might be an opportunity to turn 3k into 6k and get me some paly money for the stang. Too soon to tell I guess if some interest will be created, I'd just hate to not answer the door if opportunity is knocking and be kicking myself later is all.

You could probably get someone on e-bay to pay some jack for it. One every minute...you know. I really don't know how they got that lead sled to handle like it did in the TV series. Hollywood I guess. Same with those Duke boy's car.

GISS was a HUGE summer blockbuster that featured the car as a primary character for a good portion of the movie.

I would wait to see 2 things before investing any money in an S&H car.
1. Is the movie a blockbuster
2. Is the car a featured player

IMO based on previews, its a comedy that will do ok for itself but not be a blockbuster. If they thought it would be a blockbuster smash they would have released later in the year. More than likely the car will be a comedic device unlike GISS where they used to vehicle to appeal to a raw, power craving nature. I think the scene that put eleanor on the market is the aquduct scene when movie magic allows the car outrun a helicopter. The goosebump factor alone was worth 25k ;)