"Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 95steedamustang, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ProKiller

ProKiller Founding Member

Dude those look awesome, especially on the exports (which is what I want them for). I'll try and get some committed numbers in the next week or so. Currently up at Laconia for the smokin stangs meet so internet availability is sporadic. I do have a committed person for a carbon fiber set. Troy (the guy you hung out with at Carlisle) will definitely get a set in carbon. At the moment though I think a good 5 sets is easy enough to do. I'll keep you posted once I get back to normalcy.
  2. inphiniti

inphiniti Active Member

i say you send me whatever you dont use! :)

and yes, i am still alive LOL
  3. 95BlueStallion

95BlueStallion Well-Known Member

I personally like the stock bezels more. I think the rounded edges flow with the rounded lines of the car better. For example, I cant stand when people put super square body kits on '94-'98 cars, as the car has rounded edges. Keep the squares for '99-'04 models! That's just me though, obviously the Saleen bezels have a following.
  4. 95steedamustang

95steedamustang Active Member

@ prokiller....No hurry on getting any numbers on those interested. Like I said, it will be later this year before I have time to do a run of them. I'm putting some paint on a customers car now and really need to get his car done, plus I've got the other gig I mentioned most days. Next I'll do a carbon fiber set and post up some pics.
    @inphiniti...good to see you around.
    Hope all is going well with your
    Project.
    @95BlueStallion... I think you pretty well summed my thoughts about the Saleen covers, but I'll have a couple sets of lights with them on so I can throw them on the car when I want a change.
  5. inphiniti

inphiniti Active Member

things are going well, slowly, but well. i am probably at the same stage as when we last briefly spoke. the fox's engine bay is painted, the trunk is jammed. need to finish the rocker panels under the door and then we're good for the rest of body paint. i am going to bed line the interior floor since nothings in there but we're fighting humidity in New England right now.

but yeah, things have slowed down a little since we got married and purchased our first home within the past 8 months. in due time. My goal - Carlisle 2015!
  6. 95steedamustang

95steedamustang Active Member

Good to hear. Marriage and houses can really slow down a project. I would suggest the spray on bedliner that SPI sells if your going to do the interior floor. Message me if you want the details. I just finished painting my little 89 Saleen that I got a few months back and now I'm doing the interior in it. It was really nasty for a car that had under 20K miles. I'm planning on using epoxy and tinting it the factory color which is a dark shadow blue for my floor. That way it will look factory but be 10x tougher.