Road Trip Comming Up...

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by viperos, Jan 7, 2004.

1. viperos

viperos New Member

well, in about June, I plan on doing a nice road trip down to Cali... and would like some sort of protection just in case... I've been told to use Valentine One 1.7 or newer... Uniden Digital Police Scanner, and a CB radio for the truckers... any other advice?

-I've already been told to invest in some Stealth panneling for my car, but that's a little out of my price range...

-is it even worth it... me getting a Val One? doesn't like every state use laser now?
  2. cb18201

cb18201 New Member

stealth paneling? what is that, or are you joking
  3. viperos

viperos New Member

you know, that black metal they use on the Stealth Fighter... kinda hard to get ahold of though... and I could do some serious time if they discover it's missing from inventory :D

-yes, I was joking... but seriously... what technical devices might be nice to have... anyone?
  4. KingDiamond

KingDiamond New Member

Dude just use a V1 or Passport 8500, but if you get hit by a laser then nothing but a laser defuser (big bucks) will help. My friends and I were on a road trip a couple of months ago and we were going 85 mph with traffic in a 65 mph zone. A cop sitting behind a hill somewhere got us with a laser and a couple seconds later two cops pull us over. We get a $275 ticket, plus $50 for some bullsht court fees. Basically, it wasn't worth it because we would've saved at most an hour by speeding. We had a V1 with us too and it didn't even make a sound before we got pulled over (although it got two other speed traps which were using radar).