Roadtrip

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
My move to Tucson is complete. The first trip was Saturday of last week in my F150 pulling a U-Haul trailer. 25 hours on the road to go 1400 miles over 2 days. I had the 2 weiner dogs so the stops were a little more frequent and longer, but it was a long haul.

I flew back to get the Stang, I made that trip in 20 hours. Gotta love that West Texas 80mph speed limit.

I was East of El Paso on I-10, the speed limit was 80mph, I had the criuse set on 90 and was rolling right along. I saw a white car behind me coming up pretty fast. If it was a cop I was busted so I just kept criusing along. It was a pretty new Vette. He pulled up next to me and the guy waved. I kept pace with him up to 115mph. As soon as I hit 115 he waved and was gone.

Those Vettes are awesome cars.

I averaged 23mpg, not nearly as good as Ive gotten in the past, but I was driving pretty fast and in alot of mountains.

It was a nice drive in the Stang, the 1400 miles + the 900 miles since my last oil change in Jan brings the grand total to 2300 miles this year.

• Sponsors (?)