5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
My supercharger arrived today!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Vacation has started and step one was take the wife to dinner. Step two clean out garage. I've moved the boat to my parents for the week so I am able to work under a roof on flat ground. I'm getting very anxious to start the tear down!

Reactions: 1 user
The front end is off but now it's time to go Christmas shopping. Soon as I'm back the tear down continues!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 242
So far I've removed the air tube, radiator lines, coolant tank, and fluid, pulled the spark plugs and I'm calling it a night. Going to gap the plugs in the AM and then it's time to prep for the supercharger bracket.
image.jpeg

I now have the blower mounted, intercooler mounted, passenger side pipes and bypass valve mounted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: 2 users
I'll be sure to mount a camera for the first drive! I just finished getting the throttle body pipes connected to the intercooler and I'm beginning to work on the fuel system now.

Well today was much less productive. I did get my ID1000 fuel injectors installed and the driver side intercooler piping installed by around 12:30. Then my Craftsman air compressor's built in regulator broke. This was the second one in a month so I returned it for a refund and began my search for another compressor. I checked Lowes and Home Depot they only had floor models for the compressors I wanted. By this time I had to pick up my wife's flowers and cookie cake for her birthday. It's now about 5:00 and I head to Tractor Supply and pick up a Porter Cable. I made the mistake of laying it down in the bed of my truck and all the oil leaked out. I assumed the oil would have been in a container and the pump would have been dry. I get home about 6:30 and realize I can't even use the compressor since it now needs oil but I have to cook dinner for the family first. I finally finish eating and get to and from the store, oil up the compressor and begin its break in process. Back to the car, I installed the new coolant overflow and began plumbing the hoses however the kit is missing a brass Union and its now 10:30 so everything is closed. I'll have to pick one up at the parts house and continue tomorrow morning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's like reliving a day in my life with the compressor... I can honestly say that it seems like you handled all of the oil spilling out better than I did though hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
Well I finished all of the mechanical installation today. I flashed the ECU and she runs! I still need to wire in the fuel pump booster. I would have knocked that out today but I didn't have a chance to get to the store to buy wire.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users