Build Thread Rob's 2015 Mustang Gt

I'll let you know I haven't installed yet. I will say the new axles feel tighter. Not sure if that placebo effect or not but I think the rear feels tighter and less sloppy.

• Sponsors (?)

@84Ttop Going to try and get the driveshaft installed today. I installed the Axles but I couldn't find torque specs. for the IRS. Do you happen to have those? I've never worked on an IRS before so I don't even know what the parts are called that I removed. I did see one bolt that had some sort of adjustment I DIDN'T MESS WITH THAT ONE! So last night in Mexico I was making a pull and just at the top of 4th gear I let off and pressed the brakes about 1/4 pedal and my car veered to the left. I had the NT05Rs at 47PSI on the car and the axles. I've never experienced it before and I'm hoping I didn't mess something up in the rear. It all appear to me to unbolt and bolt back up. I cranked everything down to 85 FT lbs since I didn't know the actual spec. I torqued axle nuts to 125 and found out through Mustang Parts, F150 Parts & Accessories | AmericanMuscle | Free Shipping that they should be at 150.

@84Ttop Going to try and get the driveshaft installed today. I installed the Axles but I couldn't find torque specs. for the IRS. Do you happen to have those? I've never worked on an IRS before so I don't even know what the parts are called that I removed. I did see one bolt that had some sort of adjustment I DIDN'T MESS WITH THAT ONE! So last night in Mexico I was making a pull and just at the top of 4th gear I let off and pressed the brakes about 1/4 pedal and my car veered to the left. I had the NT05Rs at 47PSI on the car and the axles. I've never experienced it before and I'm hoping I didn't mess something up in the rear. It all appear to me to unbolt and bolt back up. I cranked everything down to 85 FT lbs since I didn't know the actual spec. I torqued axle nuts to 125 and found out through Mustang Parts, F150 Parts & Accessories | AmericanMuscle | Free Shipping that they should be at 150.
I'll have to double check through my literature for torque specs on the rear components, I can't recall them off the top of my head. I know that most of mine was reassembled with an impact gun though :)
Is it possible that the road was not exactly ideal? I've noticed a decent amount of bump steer on less than ideal roads but have never had a brake/steering issue on the track.
What other mods have you done to the rear of the car?

I'll have to double check through my literature for torque specs on the rear components, I can't recall them off the top of my head. I know that most of mine was reassembled with an impact gun though :)
Is it possible that the road was not exactly ideal? I've noticed a decent amount of bump steer on less than ideal roads but have never had a brake/steering issue on the track.
What other mods have you done to the rear of the car?
The rear only has Axles, 20'x10' PP wheels and Nitto NT05R 315 35 20s. I haven't done anything to the IRS other than take it apart to more easily get the 800 HP DSS Axles installed.

I think if you go to Ford Racing and look for their half shafts they have a link to download installation instructions with all thier torqe specifications for their axles and all the related parts. I would think that the torque specs would be the same regardless of what half shafts are installed.

Reactions: 1 users
I can't seem to locate any of the paperwork from my last round of parts on my S550. I'm in the midst of moving into my new shop and literally have all of my worldly possessions everywhere

Been trying to get this driveshaft installed but I have a cold and don't feel well. I think my air ratchet is broke too. American Muscle said I don't have to remove the exhaust but I don't really see any other way to get it out.

I forgot to mention I've installed Redline Hood struts.
image.jpeg

Driveshaft is in! It's tight but not torqued down yet. @84Ttop I slowly accelerated through 6th gear up to 80 mph on my jack stands I did notice a very slight vibration but it felt like it was coming from the wheels not necessarily the drive shaft. It was increment around 40 and 60 I felt just a little something. Come to think of it the trans bolts weren't as tight as they should have been so probably not the greatest test. I'm sure there will be more vibrating than before but hell its a supercharged v8!

Driveshaft is in! It's tight but not torqued down yet. @84Ttop I slowly accelerated through 6th gear up to 80 mph on my jack stands I did notice a very slight vibration but it felt like it was coming from the wheels not necessarily the drive shaft. It was increment around 40 and 60 I felt just a little something. Come to think of it the trans bolts weren't as tight as they should have been so probably not the greatest test. I'm sure there will be more vibrating than before but hell its a supercharged v8!
Let me know after you take it down the highway, My car seems to have a whine from 45-60mph that has been getting worse and worse. It started off as a super faint whine and after racing the car it's getting to be a bigger issue. Not that I'm going to stop driving the car or anything but it does annoy me. Was hoping for your feedback before I go out in 10 degree weather to rip it back apart (since the new garage is still under construction)

I should have it all buttoned up tonight. Would the whine be audible by camera? I'll probably go pro my drive in the car as there is just way too much noise outside the car. Where the DS connects to the output shaft of the Trans I noticed the large three bolts came with three large nuts. Am I supposed to try and get those on the 8 or so threads that are sticking our the back of the y shaped plate on the output shaft? I used some blue Locktite on everything. I really wish these parts came with some form of instruction. I guess that's part of working on a brand new platform.

I should have it all buttoned up tonight. Would the whine be audible by camera? I'll probably go pro my drive in the car as there is just way too much noise outside the car. Where the DS connects to the output shaft of the Trans I noticed the large three bolts came with three large nuts. Am I supposed to try and get those on the 8 or so threads that are sticking our the back of the y shaped plate on the output shaft? I used some blue Locktite on everything. I really wish these parts came with some form of instruction. I guess that's part of working on a brand new platform.
Sounds like the auto driveshaft and stick drive shaft are different, I don't have any of these nuts you speak of :)